Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Innovation is oxygen for Nike, and the company depends on its talented, global workforce to breathe originality and curiosity into everything they do. The Nike Advanced Innovation team strives for lighter, faster, bigger, smarter, smaller, more efficient, more sustainable and more personal. They imagine, research, analyze and invent the next industry-changing technology to advance athletic performance. In roles that span research, design, materials and manufacturing, the Advanced Innovation team looks to the future and focuses on making the seemingly impossible, possible.
Nike is committed to unleashing human potential through sport. In Sustainable Business & Innovation (SB&I), we obsess the future of sport and the changing world we all share. We leverage the strength of the Nike brand to catalyze action within our industry and beyond and work with partners inside and outside Nike to make sustainable innovation a driver of business value and of positive global change.
We are looking for an ambitious, experienced leader to drive the company’s evolution on transparency and engagement, setting and executing the strategy to identify, reach and activate changing audiences. You will bring tested experience in consumer brands, campaigns, and corporate positioning, in both innovation and risk/issues management. You will demonstrate deep working knowledge of brand/industry partnerships and cross-sector partnerships. You will be able to demonstrate your role in driving long-range strategic plans by reaching varied audiences through tailored plans.
You will be a great coach, with experience finding, building and growing talent to deliver against a common mission. You’ll also be an adept team player, engaging colleagues and leadership in developing and executing strategy. You will be fluent in both business and corporate responsibility, with a keen understanding of relevant history and a vision for the future including disclosure, standards, and partnerships.
As a leader in SB&I, you will provide leadership to teams defining and delivering on stakeholder plans, content, engagement opportunities, initiatives and leadership opportunities.
Building trust and influencing inside and outside the organization will be second nature to you, as will an eye for both the big picture and the smallest detail. This role requires strong intuition and proven judgment, as it will bring more opportunities to engage than you and your team have the time or resources to support, so an ability to quickly and strategically filter the great from the good will be critical to your success.
You will understand the value that smart process and planning play in driving results and will be excited by the opportunity to design and lead a new way of working within a matrix organization. Others will be inspired to share and support your vision through the energy and leadership you bring to the team and its purpose.
• Master's degree in related field preferred
• 15-20 years demonstrated experience as a corporate responsibility professional, including communications, public affairs or stakeholder relations lead within a business environment. Brand, agency and government affairs experience would be beneficial.
• Strong track record managing external relationships and being the compelling public voice of a brand or influential organization.
• High emotional intelligence with a proven track record to network, influence without direct authority to mobilize internal and external resources
• Management-level strategic planning, team leadership and performance management experience is required (8+ years).
• Deep expertise in working with and advising executives, including establishing and overseeing governance.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to convey complex information in a simple, easily understood to diverse groups of stakeholders.
• Strong “peripheral vision” and ability to automatically see opportunities in a highly nuanced domain to make connections that will drive efficiency and alignment.
• An output-driven, consumer-centric mindset with a track record that shows you can deliver short-term wins on the journey to long-term change.
• Ambidextrous leadership acumen is critical. A willingness to listen, learn and reflect, coupled with an ability to create, challenge and evolve quickly will be critical success factors within the Nike matrix.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00334715