UX Design Director, NXT Digital InnovationApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. designs the future. At Nike, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.Description
You’ll partner with Product Innovation, Advanced Design and Manufacturing teams to identify and design new tools and experiences that enable and accelerate innovative product creation. You’ll evangelize and advance design thinking and strategy, focusing on user needs and goals. You’ll concept, pitch and implement solutions that deliver results, while meeting complex challenges with creativity and humor.
Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate a combination of strategic, conceptual and design skills.
• Create and cultivate the experience strategy and vision for various projects, informed by Digital Innovation and NXT strategies and priorities.
• Provide creative direction on project work and deliverables, working closely with the design team and the larger Digital Innovation team.
• Implement, oversee and own XD deliverables, including conceptual models, personas, scenarios, user journeys/flows, wireframes, and visuals.
• Collaborate with partners and sponsors to encourage towards process and technology change, utilizing a user-centered design process.
• Uncover business opportunities through insights-gathering and encourage design prioritization and roadmapping.
• Partner with product owners to define scope and requirements for digital tools and products.
• Collaborate with design, business, and technical teams to ensure feasibility of designs against the budget and overall product/platform needs.
• Ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality.
• Educate and inspire team members by communicating an experience-based vision for the project.
• Lead meetings with key stakeholders and ensure that they meet the stated objectives and stay on agenda.
• Work in an self-guided fashion, solve problems, and make decisions, while involving people at the optimal levels for project success.
• Be passionate about delivering a premium solution but find ways of producing it that do not jeopardize schedule and budget.
• Balance the overseeing and direction of an agency team when needed with self-guided, hands-on implementation of deliverables.
• Actively gain knowledge of industry standards and digital design trends and conventions.
• Facilitate meetings, communicate ideas effectively and make persuasive presentations at a senior level with internal and external leadership.
• Bachelor’s degree in Design or Art
• Several examples of successfully launched projects that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking
• At least 6+ years experience in interaction or experience design
• Digital product design experience preferred
• Ability to lead, inspire and coach others through thought leadership, effective creative direction, and strategic visioning
• A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
• Demonstrated ability to lead the design of large and complex systems of interactions
• An expert understanding of what types of experiences are made possible by current digital technologies
• Ability to develop simple and elegant design approaches to complex design problems
• Ability to collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team, as well as communicate and influence across organizations
• Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
• Can work with grace under pressure
• Proficiency with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, PowerPoint
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00431760