Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.’s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike’s products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike’s rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.Description
As our Industrial Engineer, you will support the industrial engineering needs in the production of Nike Air products. You will work to create efficiencies in Air MI’s manufacturing processes through the utilization of IE tools. You will perform technical studies that assess opportunities to optimize the flow of people, materials, and/or product in the process of manufacturing Nike Air. This may also include providing input related to the optimized layout of machines and staffing of manufacturing cells. You will be expected to stay focused on established priorities, and on delivering results that meet established metrics for success of projects to which you are assigned. You will be expected to align with your teammates so that a consistent approach is taken in executing against business priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering with 1-5 years relevant experience
- Experience in designing or developing new processes (or process changes) that improve efficiency or throughput of manufacturing cells
- Ability to perform foundational time studies, capacity analyses, and layout/product flow optimization analyses
- Simulation Flow Software experience preferred (Visual Components, Simul8, or similar)
- Ability to manage responsibilities on your projects and communicate progress/priorities to management and internal stakeholders
- Experience training others in basic lean and industrial engineering concepts and methods is preferred
- Experience in leading or contributing to continuous improvement projects is preferred
- Experience in leading or contributing to new process or standard work deployment is preferred
- Knowledge or experience in a high volume manufacturing facility is preferred
- Strong communication and facilitation skills in cross-functional, team-based environments
- Ability to work with teammates of all levels including directors, managers, engineers, technicians, machine operators, and supervisors
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00434847