At Air Manufacturing Innovation (Air MI), we deliver on Nike’s most daring dream: giving every athlete the unparalleled sensation of walking on air. Since Nike introduced the Air sole in 1979, no technology has become more synonymous with Nike than Air. Our teams engineer, make and perfect Nike’s most advanced footwear components. Masters of teamwork, we challenge assumptions in order to get faster, drive efficiency and fine-tune technology to deliver quality performance plastic. At our state-of-the-art facilities located in Beaverton, Oregon and St. Charles, Missouri, Air MI is taking Air to places that we never thought possible. Learn more about Nike Air Manufacturing Innovation.
Think you fit the mold? These are the skills we’re looking for to join this world-class team:
- socially conscious
I come to work every day because I know the Nike brand is not just about shoes, it’s a way of life.
Daryl Coleman Plastic Machine Operator
Nike is a great place to work. We encourage employees to feel self assured with their skills and to always reach their full potential.
Cristell Arriaga Plastic Machine Operator
MEET NIKE AIR MI PLASTIC MACHINE OPERATORS
Explore a career in Beaverton, Oregon
MEET NIKE AIR MI PLASTIC MACHINE OPERATORS
Explore a career in St. Charles, Missouri
WELCOME TO ST. CHARLES AIR MI
Message from Cheryl Renne, General Manager
MEET THE NIKE AIR MI MAINTENANCE TEAM
Explore a career at both facilities
Nike Air MI is the sole supplier of high quality Nike air cushioning products. We are a family of innovators intent on continually improving our products and processes, and continually developing our people. Our facility operates efficiently using lean manufacturing principles and an ISO 9001 registered Quality Management System as guides for process improvement. Nike IHM works with Nike Inc. and our factory partners from the prototype stage to commercialization utilizing processes and practices unique to our business.
We are looking for a talented individual that lives and breathes teamwork, team-building and has a passion for quality.As the Quality Assurance Supervisor, you will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing the 24/7 daily activities of a team of quality auditors and quality lab technicians. You will set visible priorities and coordinate work plans and activities to maintain quality standards, improve quality practices, and ensure quality products are released for on-time delivery. You will also be responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and promoting a safe work culture, a lean manufacturing culture, and a culture of continual quality improvement. Your direct internal customers will include manufacturing, engineering, shipping, receiving, quality engineers, and quality team mates at other IHM facilities.You will assist with identifying, troubleshooting, resolving and reporting on the status of product quality and lab-related technical and operational issues. Lastly, this role is responsible for supporting team member development opportunities and fostering teamwork across all shifts, both within and outside of the quality function.
- Bachelor’s degree or manufacturing or quality related degree with a minimum of 2-3 years’ relevant work experience or 2 additional years’ experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and set direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven project management skills
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle competing priorities from multiple stakeholders
- Strong technical expertise in a manufacturing or quality environment
- Experience in LEAN Manufacturing or similar principles and practices
- Ability to work with stakeholders of all levels
- Willingness and ability to flex schedule to routinely spend evening hours with B and D shift team members
- Good PC skills with high comfortability with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Office
- Experience with InfinityQS, Visio, Vintara, Sharepoint, and SAP software packages, preferred
- Experience with ISO 9001 Quality Management System principles and practices, preferred
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00453021