DSM - Demand Planning ManagerApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.Description
Demand Planning Manager
The Demand Planning Manager is the key planning representative on the category table and is responsible for driving the forecast for Nike’s Greater China Business in that particular business segment. Demand planners working closely with the cross functional team including merchants, finance, sales and category leadership brings to life the product and marketing strategy for Nike categories translating a category vision to clear and executable plan at the key Nike game plan gates. Demand Planning Manager would also be accountable for the demand planning process for his/her channel/ business unit and support the update of the necessary metrics, reports and process to anticipate demand driven events for effective decision making.
- Conduct Demand Consensus Process to generate a demand consensus forecast by assessment of demand planning data and alignment with category and global strategic inputs
- Ensure that the established Forecasting Process is well defined and a demand forecast is generated, reviewed and validated.
- Maintains analytics to support continuous improvement (i.e. tracking signal, forecast ability, Forecast Process Value Add), developing new and ad hoc reports as required.
- Ensure the most accurate Demand information available.
- Identifies opportunities to effectively shape demand to influence product offering and OTB.
- Partner with affiliates/ commercial partners, in order to have the most accurate Demand information available for organization and influence the category & global team.
- Gather and understand the market intelligence, customer forecast, promotional activity, seasonality and other external factors that impact demand. Make recommended adjustments to forecast based on this information.
- Design and generate seasonal analysis on the demand, checking for trends and anomalies, so that stakeholders can make decisions.
- Continuously suggest improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Create and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems.
- Generate and review reports of the financial forecast and the sales forecast to appropriate stakeholders
- Be confidence to present DSM POV to category leaders and counterparts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 5-8 Years working experience, at least 2 years demand management related
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 10880