Retail Operations Supervisor (Contractor)Apply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. Retail Corporate is the backbone to stores around the world. A global network of teams — Finance, Human Resources, Talent Development, Marketing, Merchandising, Real Estate and Strategic Planning — direct the daily operations of Nike.com and the hundreds of Nike Stores and Nike Factory Stores. Retail Corporate teams share the same passion and energy for the brand as their in-store teammates, and it shows: Retail continues to be one of Nike’s top areas of growth.Description
BOH related & suggestion from commercial perspective
• Participate in all new / remodel door BOH plan before open.
• Set up a high-efficient BOH, (capacities target setting / logic location of categories align with FOH product type, etc)
• Special SOPs generation for HOI store (Receiving / Return / Transfer / Props & Mannequin management SOP / Products ready to Floor, etc)
• Constantly monitor and action on inventory quality and store productivity
Implement the foundation for operational excellence
• Responsible for implementation of operational process for stores, inventory management, product flow, stockroom standard, etc.
• Measure and monitor business process performance and conduct analysis to improve profitability.
• Create best practices address local challenges to enhance process improvements.
• Implement operational programs.
Drive continuous improvement
• Identify and develop a balanced set of performance measurements based on strategic goals to measure continued adoption of processes and programs.
• Seek new opportunities for innovation with current processes and vendors.
• Communicate regularly with geo and field partners to identify challenges, successes, and future opportunities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business,
• 3 years' retail store operations experience including 1 years' experience field team managing 2-5 direct reports
• Throughout understanding of retail store systems and equipment, point of sale, inventory management, SOP Experience of influencing the leadership to drive the results.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the facility and presentation
• Ability to articulate the goals and objectives.
• Strong time management and organization/plan skills.
• Strong self-motivated and quick moving in each action taken.
• Ability to lead the initiatives.
• Work independently and cooperatively in a diverse group
• Ability to network, influence and utilize the internal and external resources.
• Ability to travel if necessary
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint is preferred
• Knowledge of MS Access a strong plus
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 11209