Sr. Buying ManagerApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
For Nike, Inc. merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Nike Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. From stores to online, this team helps bring the seasonal category visions to life. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next to deliver the right product to the right places at the right time and price.Description
The nature of the work is focused on presenting and merchandising product to consumers.
- Responsible for collecting Nike consumer insights, briefing into the global categories, influencing product creation, selecting the line for top SKU effectiveness and profitability, and determining how the line flows to and through consumers
- Leading future season assortment building offense
- Partner internally in Merchandising functions CM/MM to deliver concept right and consumer right product assortment
- Partner with DSM team to deliver a seasonal strategy that to reflect true demand and serve revenue target
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
Functional Skill Required (Hard skills):
- Product knowledge, material to final product
- China market knowledge/consumer insight
- Retail math, OTB, pricing, s/t, etc.
- Retail experience
Experience Required (Soft skills):
- Requires a Bachelor Degree and minimum of 6 years’ relevant work experience
- Solid retail experience
- Leadership in complex situation
- Good communication, and good at articulating stories and broadcasting strategies to broader team
- Trend awareness
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 11158