Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.Description
About the role
Nike is looking to hire a Transportation Manager for the Southeast Asia & India business, based in Singapore.
This role primarily focuses on the inbound supply chain, requiring in-depth knowledge and experience; identifying and applying best practices through knowledge of internal or external business insights, to the portfolio of countries within the network. As a regional people manager, this role is expected to execute the departmental strategy through providing direction, coaching and acting as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Possessing the expertise in importation, customs and performance tracking of service, this role is expected to deliver solutions, solves complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions.
Service is a key focus for the supply chain, where everything that is done is performed with utmost reliability, efficiency, flexibility and speed against what the consumer really wants. As a manager, this mindset should be championed and actively pursued. To be effective you’ll need to operate at a high degree of comfort with multi-tasking, while at the same time, the ability to set a vision and prioritize deliverables across a complex body of work will be extremely important. Most importantly, you should be very excited about the opportunity to make a significant impact at Nike.
- Accountable to the coverage performance and availability of products, with a strong focus on service.
- Set clear direction and objectives for SEA&I inbound process lead that is congruent with the organizational strategy.
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting process for inbound logistics costs, working with countries to ensure accuracy and cost efficiency.
- Partner with DSM to drive a disciplined inventory management process to maintain healthy inventory levels through cross-functional collaboration.
- Own process excellence and improvement efforts in the inbound supply chain that contribute to sustainable growth for the organization.
- Ensure inbound systems and reporting integrity for optimal tracking of inbound supply chain visibility.
- Support business decisions through communication of inbound supply chain
- Represent SEA&I logistics in performance reviews, focusing on air freight utilization and inbound supply chain performance.
- Performance manage partners to ensure reduced lead-times, reduced costs and enhanced service levels.
- Drive disciplined operations processes within SEA&I, aligning and standardizing best practices for inbound logistics across SEA&I.
- Support supply chain transportation capabilities building, that leverage on networks and expert knowledge.
- Well-versed and engaged in customs, duty and regulation aspects pertaining to the importation process in the SEA&I territory; providing expertise in business strategy.
- Minimum educational qualification: Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 5 years in Logistics Management, Supply Chain or a related field.
- Team player who is able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Meticulous and well organized, with a good grasp on numbers.
- Able to multi task, work well under pressure and deliver within tight timeline.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 10429