Quality Engineering Manager – Air MIApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.’s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike’s products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike’s rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.Description
As our Quality Engineering Manager, you will develop a team of professional engineers and technicians to facilitate the quality-related technical work for several of our Manufacturing Platforms. This role is accountable to create and implement strategies to improve product quality and for the performance and results of the quality engineering team. Team responsibilities include daily assessment and troubleshooting of product quality-related issues, establishing extensive product testing conditions for new and existing products, and knowing and communicating internal and regulatory quality standards, analyzing data, identifying opportunities and disseminate findings. Guiding investigations into quality problems and processes, making recommendations and leading implementation of improvement solutions to meet the asks of the business are key to this role. You will provide technical guidance to the team and guide priorities to address resource and operational challenges. You will also be responsible for maximizing the potential of the team through consistent mentoring, training, and opportunities for professional development. With other technical managers, you will establish the future vision for our Quality Engineering function to improve our methods, streamline work, reduce waste, and ensure outgoing product quality.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other manufacturing-related degree plus 5 years related experience or
- Associate’s degree in related field plus 6 years related experience or
- 7 years related experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience in high-volume manufacturing
- Experience in implementing LEAN Manufacturing or similar waste reduction ethics and practices
- Demonstrated ability to work with associates of all levels including managers, engineers, supervisors, maintenance, and machine operators
- Possess a detailed and methodical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated project management and documentation skills
- Demonstrated statistical analysis skills (preferably using JMP)
- Experience in implementing SPC and FMEA in a production environment
Preferred additional qualifications:
- Experience in implementing an ISO 9001 quality management system a plus
- Process knowledge of Thermoplastic Polyurethanes a plus
- 1-3 years of previous technical supervisory experience a plus
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00429260