The NIKE Costing Framework (NCF) is a unique program within Global Sourcing and Manufacturing (GSM) that is revolutionizing footwear product costing across NIKE Manufacturing Partners. NCF bridges Footwear Development, Planning, Sourcing and Manufacturing by developing a driver-based costing platform that provides actionable transparency to manufacturing costs. As a Cost & Standards Engineer II in GSM, you will ensure efficient and effective manufacturing at scale leveraging Nike best practices.
Key Accountabilities include:
• work with Product Creation Cost Engineers to inform, drive and facilitate decisions throughout the product creation process to deliver against product briefs and NIKE’s profitability expectations.
• work closely with NIKE Development, Engineering, Planning, and Manufacturing Partners to actively manage cost drivers in the Bill of Labor and Bill of Materials. This includes detailed review/analysis of documentation and actual manufacturing processes for complete, accurate and optimized product costing.
• lead and influence costing and optimization discussions with Manufacturing Partners throughout all phases of creation and production. You will clearly and concisely communicate costing recommendations, leveraging engineering and manufacturing knowledge, for product or process improvements.
• contribute to the evolution of the Cost Engineering function in GSM by defining new processes and tools to drive competitive, sustainable and standardized costing for all products.
• collaborate with Engineering and Manufacturing Partners to establish new labor process standards and capture value for modernization initiatives.
• support the continuous improvement of NIKE’s strategic costing framework including leading functional and program initiatives turning costing and manufacturing concepts into reality.
• sufficiently higher technical knowledge to coach and mentor Manufacturing Partner and Nike functional counterparts on NCF standards processes and adherence
• ability to handle a higher workload of technically difficult product, including innovation or modernization initiatives
This role will act as both an internal and external subject matter expert in NIKE Costing.
Requirements for the position include:
• Bachelor's degree with a focus in Engineering, Business Management or related field
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience including Engineering, Development, Automation, Lean, Manufacturing, Product Costing preferred. Related disciplines also acceptable
• Knowledge of footwear construction, manufacturing, innovation, costing, and global business management; experience with footwear supply chain preferred
• A pragmatic thinker and creative problem solver, who will research and drive collective resolution on both structural framework and tactical costing issues
• Ability to maintain a high level of integrity, remain flexible, be results-oriented, and work productively in an environment of ambiguity
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong influencing, motivational and leadership skills
• High proficiency using MS Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel 10-20% of the time