FOOTWEAR STUDIO OPS DIRECTORApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.Description
Digital Product Creation (DPC) will allow us to modernize the way we work to drive Team and Product Excellence and deliver to our Consumers Faster. It creates a competitive advantage by fueling product innovation and craft through premium maker experiences.To accomplish this, we will leverage the power of modern technologies, skillsets, introduce new processes, tools and ways of working. We are looking for a Studio Ops Director with experience in the Design through Manufacturing processes, particularly in Footwear. A BA/BS degree in Engineering, Product Management, or related field is a nice-to-have. This individual must have a unique blend of product creation experience and a desire to improve/transform/operationally enhance the product creation process leveraging digital capabilities and automation.This person must be skilled in understanding new ways of working and matching them up with operational processes and roles. This person must also have a desire to elevate team members by exceptional team management and leadership. Above all, we are looking for an individual with an aptitude and interest in quickly iterating on new ways of working in a production environment to rapidly respond and improve operational processes leveraging Digital and Automated capabilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES – OVERALL
- Leads Identification of business resource needs to successfully operationalize new products
- Assesses the business impact of different solutions & can assess the tradeoffs between business/customer needs, technology requirements & costs
- Supports the business to transition from old to new business processes by providing operational support & guidance
- Works with the ultimate goal of business sustainability & self-sufficiency of new capabilities
- Facilitates training updates as necessary for business
- Champions x-functional collaboration & alignment
- Elevates agile & design thinking mindset across dpc
FUNCTION WITHIN A TEAM ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to work in an independent fashion, solve problems, make decisions, and communicate effectively in difficult situations.
- Present work to cross-functional stakeholders and articulate trade-off rationale
- Handle projects from incubation to scale
- Partner with Cross Functional Stakeholders.
- Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with others, a good attitude, and flexibility is a must.
- At least 7 years of work experience with a relevant Bachelor's degree
- Strong knowledge of Nike Product Creation and/or trends for Product Creation and how digital and automation can advance that strategy, coupled with digital portfolio of past work or projects
- Product Management experience; ability to set a vision, build requirements, leverage tools to deliver and manage trade-offs
- Strong Communication Skills (English and Mandarin)
- Experience or working understanding of Process Innovation, Agile Methodology, Design Thinking
- Ability to identify opportunities for applying new methods and concepts to user and organizational challenges
We're interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply online.
Nike, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 11281