Account Executive (Category)Apply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. knows how to sell sneakers. And apparel. And just about everything an athlete could need. The Nike Sales teams are the front line for getting these products into customer hands. Through sustained relationships with wholesale partners around the world — from a specialty store in Rome to a department store in midtown Manhattan — Nike Sales delivers the products, experiences and brand stories that define the brand. Nike’s success begins with the best sales team in the industry, one that deeply appreciates the consumer, the marketplace, and the products.Description
About the Account Sales team
Nike does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game. Nike Sales partners with retailers — from a football specialty store in Rome to a Macy’s department store in New York — to deliver the products, experiences and brand stories that make Nike the preeminent sports brand. It starts with the best sales team in the industry: Nike Sales employees keenly understand consumers, the marketplaces and Nike products. They collaborate with Nike Marketing, Merchandising, Product and Planning teams to place consumer right assortments, with accounts for each season. The Sales teams’ expertise and retail mindset ignites and sustains long-term relationships with wholesale partners around the world.
About the role
As our Account Executive, you’ll be assigned to one or more accounts toward achieving and exceeding sales goals on a seasonal basis. You’ll be part of a team responsible for managing key Japan accounts, for example specialty accounts, field accounts and strategic accounts. We are looking for an individual who is driven by results and determined to succeed even under pressure. Based in Tokyo, you’ll contribute to the development of the sales strategy and maximize profitability for the company and the account. You will be a part of the world’s leading sports brand and have an exciting career within the company.
This role will require some travel to Nike Headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
1. Lead the development of account plans with the customer through close collaboration. Work closely with cross-functional teams on a seasonal basis to formulate these plans.
2. Work collaboratively to create account plans based on financial planning, sell-thru, account specific objectives (financial and category), Nike Strategy and an understanding of the retailer’s consumer base.
3. Conduct seasonal sell-in sessions at the appropriate level, based on account strategies, and conduct a post-season tear down, based on what worked, opportunities going forward and adjustments needed for the next seasons.
4. Manage the marketplace by ensuring best presentation of stories and product to our best customers at the appropriate time. Work closely with category teams, planning and account team on directed door level assortment plans that contribute to a differentiated consumer experience & ensure appropriate seasonal product flow by category and by month, in order to optimize account opportunities.
5. Provide excellent Account management through Nike’s Go To Market process, working as a collaborative team with planners and merchandisers to ensure seasonal goals are achieved.
6. Ensure an effective flow of product, in line with Nike's sales strategy to achieve and exceed targets in a market consumer demand approach.
7. Provide professional presentations, demonstrating a strong knowledge of Nike products to Retail and understand their consumer, to ensure both brand growth and brand protection while utilizing the latest digital selling tools available as well as the necessary account data.
2.Minimum two years’ experience in sales. Athletic product and/or consumer products large account sales or senior retail divisional management experience strongly preferred.
3.Demonstrated track record of successfully working with major accounts toward increasing revenue, creating and driving a holistic business plan inclusive of short and long term business strategies and financial targets.
4.Experience and knowledge of retail fluency and account profitability models with an ability to drive a profitable account business.
5.Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives.
6.Ability to influence both cross-functionally and vertically within industry and marketplace.
7.Business level fluency in Japanese and English and ability to present on complex business concepts.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 11819