Accounting Manager, O2C (Order to Cash)Apply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Finance & Accounting
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike, Inc.’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.Description
As the Japan Marketplace Order to Cash (O2C) Consumer Direct Offense (CDO) Accounting Manager, for NIKE Japan Controlling, you will drive influential and collaborative relationships with cross-functional business partners to deliver informed business decisions, process excellence, optimized financial control and financial statement accuracy related to Japan revenue and Receivables. In this role you will report directly to the Financial Controller, Nike Japan.
Nike’s introduction of the Consumer Direct Offense allows Nike to better serve the consumer personally and at scale. Leveraging the power of digital, Nike is growing — by accelerating innovation and product creation, moving even closer to the consumer through Key Cities, and deepening one-to-one connections.The Consumer Direct Offense is fueled by Nike’s Triple Double strategy: 2X Innovation, 2X Speed and 2X Direct connections with consumers.
- Support accounting processes and effective internal controls around the tracking and accounting for CDO concepts, including the treatment of revenue recognition and related other accounting implications associated with Nike’s CDO in accordance with US GAAP and NIKE Global Accounting Policies and Processes;
- Partnering with business development, legal, technology, digital and wholesale sales teams to understand new CDO opportunities and developing an engagement plan for ongoing communications
- Partner with finance planning and other business counterparts to understand financial statement impact of CDO opportunities, forecast growth of CDO concepts and provide informed business decisions to enable the execution of CDO initiatives;
- Play a key role in communicating with the APLA O2C team to inform on CDO developments and timelines
- Evaluate potential new and changing customer arrangements as a result of CDO concepts for proper revenue recognition in accordance with US GAAP and NIKE Global Accounting Policies;
- Research and write technical revenue accounting memos that provide analyses and conclusions related to various complex accounting issues;
- Perform technical research on revenue recognition and/or other complex accounting issues, and provide accounting consultation advice to business partners;
- Continuously communicate the expected impact of the new CDO arrangements to key stakeholders;
- Develop and implement accounting policies, procedures and controls related to the new CDO arrangements
- Stay current on new revenue accounting rules and help develop appropriate policies and processes;
- Work closely with NIKE Global compliance to manage any Internal, External Audit and SOX compliance work related to revenue for CDO concepts
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Retail and/or wholesale revenue experience is strongly preferred
- 5+ Public accounting experience & Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required
- Strong enthusiasm and passion for the NIKE brand
- Experience with a Fortune 500/multinational consumer products company is strongly preferred
- Proven people management experience
- Exposure to ERP accounting and finance systems such as SAP or Oracle is strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate status, issues, risks and opportunities with senior leadership team
- Proven ability to communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Proven ability to develop high profile, influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions and layers, preferably inclusive of navigating a large corporation
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 12034