Planning Manager, Nike Owned StoresApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.Description
About the Nike Direct DSM team
Nike Direct DSM (Demand & Supply Management) team creates and executes financial, assortment and inventory plans for our Nike Direct businesses to drive sustainable profitable growth for Nike, Inc.
About the role
Nike DSM believes that Consumer demand is Nike Demand. As Planning Manager for Nike Owned Stores (NSO), you'll play a significant role in supporting that vision. In this critical role you will lead, develop, drive engagement and inspire the best possible performance in planning and allocation teams supporting our Nike Owned fleet of stores.
You’ll lead a team whose primary accountabilities are to enable the Nike Direct marketplace strategy, getting our consumers and members the products they love, by developing open to buy forecasts, assortment depth plans, margin and inventory plans for our seasonal products while managing in season opportunities, mitigating risk.
In this role, you will leverage marketplace and consumer insights to drive profitable growth, and elevate the Nike brand across the market.
As part of this team, you are a critical thought partner to our leaders – wrangling complex business issues with innovative solutions; delivering insightful consumer, and product analyses; developing action plans that galvanize our teams, while driving growth, optimizing margin and inventory for Nike.
Your leadership and partnerships will inform and support key business decisions: growth opportunities, capability requirements and organizational investments.
To be effective you’ll possess a high degree of comfort with ambiguity, an ability to simplify the complex and communicate effectively with executive leadership. As a people manager your ability to set a vision and prioritize deliverables will be extremely important, while at the same time inspiring and motivating the team to succeed. Most importantly, you should be very excited about the opportunity to make a significant impact at Nike.
This role will require some travel to Nike Headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
- Lead, coach and develop a highly functioning team.
- Build strong working relations with cross-functional teams within both Japan and WHQ (Beaverton, Oregon).
- Drive long term revenue, margin and inventory goals through open to buy management, bottoms-up merchandise planning, location planning, and product allocation work to best serve our consumers.
- Align an integrated plan for assortment, inventory supply and Markdown to support key consumer moments.
- Develop and drive short- and long-term product plans influencing and informing strategic, quarterly and annual financial business review cycles as well as short- to long-term supply plans.
- Partner with Merchandising function to inform and influence depth, breadth and flow of seasonal product assortments.
- Develop seasonal, monthly, weekly forecasts in partnership with marketing teams to maximize growth opportunities during key brand, sports, and consumer moments.
- Integrate Consumer demand signals & retail plans with key stakeholders to align on strategy, maximize opportunities & balance risk.
- Lead quantitative and qualitative analysis that unlocks business insights across brick-and-mortar fleet, inclusive of new store concepts and key retail moments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Sales, Fashion, Marketing or a related field.MBA preferred but not required.
- 6+ years’ experience in Retail buying, planning and/or Sales with multi-dimensional retailer where core responsibilities included planning for retailers.
- Strong team leader with the ability to inspire and motivate direct, in direct and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to partner and influence in a matrix environment with multiple business functions with the ability to effectively communicate and influence others.
- Strong team player and ability to work with the cross-functional partners and senior management on all aspects of the business.
- Comprehensive understanding of retail metrics and how they are used across functions to deliver sustainable growth for Nike.Ability to interpret financial sales data to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business.
- Fluency in Japanese and English - Minimum TOEIC 800+.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 11587