Retail Department ManagerApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.Description
Are you looking for an opportunity to work and build a strong career with one of the coolest brands in the world?
We at NIKE Canada are currently looking for an exceptionally talented Retail Department Manager for our Nike Factory Store in Edmonton, AB.
Nike, Inc is one of the most recognized and leading brands in the world. We are the world’s leading innovator in athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessories.
Along the way, Nike has established a strong Brand Portfolio with several wholly-owned subsidiaries including CONVERSE, HURLEY, JORDAN BRAND and NIKE GOLF. Nike’s world headquarters is located in the United States near Beaverton, Oregon, a suburb of Portland. Nike operates all around the globe employing more than 44,000 people across six continents.
As our Retail Department Manager (internally called as 'Coach'), your mission will be to create an environment that will provide a premium consumer and employee experience and implementing/executing programs to drive business results.
This position reports to the Store Manager (internally called Head Coach).
- Manage all daily activities in a specific area of the store (S&R, Dept, area), including selling and service, selecting and developing associates, merchandising and time and business management
- Execute and maintain visual merchandising and selling floor standards
- Communicate promotional event information to maximize results of each event
- Identify merchandise issues and opportunities based on selling and customer feedback
- Supervise, train and develop associates within a designated area
- Assist SM in delivering a premium consumer and employee experience
- A Bachelor's degree and 3 years' retail experience, or 4 years' retail experience in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 1 or 2 years Lead or Supervisory experience
- Experience in coaching and counseling employees
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays as needed
Nike believes smart, passionate, curious people will rise to the occasion, therefore they set the bar high and then raise it higher. At Nike, you will grow because you will be challenged. You will be challenged because you will work with the best talent, the best athletes, and the best business partners in the industry.
If this is you, then please apply online with your most recent resume and cover letter at your earliest opportunity. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews. Thank you for your interest in advance. (No Agency Calls Please)
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 2422