Sr. Engineering Technician Night 1 - InjectionApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.’s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike’s products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike’s rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.Description
As a Sr. Engineering Technician supporting the process engineering team at Nike Air Manufacturing Innovation you will work with Production, Maintenance, and Engineering to provide technical support related to the production of airsoles. This position will require troubleshooting of product process or machine issues that arise in production and are escalated beyond production capabilities. The primary process this role will be responsible for is injection molding, but some knowledge of other processes is preferred.
*There are three alternative-shift positions available working 3x12 and 4x12 hour shifts to support production shifts. This posting is for a N1 shift (Tuesday – Thursday 5:30 PM to 5:30 AM and every other Monday 5:30 PM to 5:30 AM) position specifically supporting injection molding processes and equipment.
- Supporting production by troubleshooting existing processes to include mechanical, process, product, etc.
- Trains production machine operators on the proper way to run and troubleshoot injection molding processes and support equipment.
- Experiments with alternative design, development, and engineering concepts to sample or test new methods. Seeks better ways to build product to meet specifications.
- Collects data, documents work, and provides results.
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum 3 years relevant work experience, or Bachelors degree +1 year or Associates degree +2 years
- Ability to work effectively during off shifts without direct engineering supervision
- Experience with tear down and cleaning of injection molds and injection molding equipment
- Experience in training new operators
- Ability to execute engineering trials with little to no supervision.
- Physical requirements
- May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time, in addition to being required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, push, or pull.
- May be frequently required to exert force or lift up to 50 pounds.
- May be called upon to perform physical and quality checks requiring sufficient visual acuity to identify quality flaws, distinguish colors on small components, or utilize microscopes.
- Injection molding experience a plus
- General polyurethane processing experience
- Experience working in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Lean manufacturing experience
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00295484