Origin Operations Manager, Global TransportationApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Distribution & Logistics, Distribution & LogisticsDescription
As Origin Operations Manager, Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia, you will be responsible for participating in the development and execution of Origin Consolidation Management (OCM) and inbound logistics management (ILM) strategies for Nike Inc.
You will be involved in the conceptualization, implementation, development and performance management of Origin Operations with key LSP partners to support Nike’s Geography’s evolving supply chain needs. By leveraging expertise and fostering collaboration across different functional teams, you will drive business value for Nike Inc and its customers through spearheading origin logistics process improvement and service performance.
This role is primarily responsible for Nike’s Origin Operations in Vietnam, Thailand and Cambodia. This role may also lead or actively participate in global operations initiatives or projects.
- Participate in project management for new and existing services supporting the ILM program
- Support implementation of standardized Performance Management processes and tools with key LSP partners.
- Maintain LSP relationships to support Nike Geography Operating Team’s service and cost commitments
- Manage Nike’s Inc Capacity Forecast process and communication with LSPs
- Manage and own Nike specific Business Continuity Planning (BCP) processes with LSPs
- Utilize business, supply chain, and technical expertise to create tools, templates and processes in order to drive standardization across origin LSPs
- Drive analytics for global origin operations
- Partner with cross functional team members and support leaders to implement logistics service and network strategies, and strategically source logistic services following standard tools, templates and processes
- Engage with global and supply chain counterparts to drive leading supply chain practices.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in supply chain discipline or related experience
- 13 years of logistics, supply chain, or origin operations experience
- Understanding of end to end global supply chain
- In-depth understanding of the operations and commercial aspects of Global 3rd Party Logistics companies
- Strong knowledge of PO Management and Systems supporting information flow
- Strong knowledge of Air and Ocean freight operations processes
- Interaction Experience: Either in a customer facing role (Retail/Lifestyle/FMCG) or service provider role (3PL, Carriers)
- Applied understanding of Project/Transition/Change Management concepts, models, and best practices
- Experienced in Lean/Process Excellence methodologies preferred
- Experience of involvement in cross-functional and virtual teams, with a proven record of accomplishment in leading results oriented teams
- Able to work comfortably up, down and across the organization using communication skills to bring teams together, address concerns and get results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (including ability to define problems and guide teams in solving them)
- Cross cultural awareness of business protocols and practices
- Display flexibility and tolerance for ambiguity as needed to implement projects and "go live" successfully
- High level of proficiency in using desktop tools for communication and analysis, including MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- End to end knowledge of supply chain operations and systems
- Up-to-date desktop skills
- Travel up to 10% of the year (domestic / international)
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 12276