Materials Director - Converse ZhongshanApply
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
An Awesome Situation is Developing
Architects don’t build buildings. And Designers don’t build products. You do. The Development crew. It’s all dreams and drawings without you. Getting things made takes time and manpower and testing and understanding. Deconstruction and reconstruction. It takes people capable of looking into the guts of the situation and saying: Yeah, we can do that. It’s called Know-How. If you’ve got it, check us out.Description
- Manages team and sets team and individual goals that align with department and function goals. Coaches staff, creates opportunities for staff development, makes hiring decisions, drives performance management, recognition and rewards. Develops team structure that facilitates and maximizes individual and team performance.
- Manages the materials development team for a category or product. Ensures team delivers on time materials according to critical dates, product specifications, sustainability, performance, and profitability skills.
- Participates in functional discussions and initiatives across departments. Ensures functional goals and development processes continuously evolve to reflect internal and external best practices.
- Keeps abreast of market trends, group goals, new technology, and process innovation throughout the materials community. Utilizes internal and external partnerships that leverage resources and enhance business group effectiveness.
- Typically requires a Bachelors Degree and minimum of 8 or 9 years directly relevant work experience.
- Good communication and cooperation skills.
- Good English abilities.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
Job ID 10795