Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.
As a Planning Area manager, you are responsible for the daily planning to facilitate an optimal flow of goods through the supply chain; whereby the delivery of the product is tailored to the demands of the marketplace. The balance between customer satisfaction, capacities, costs and sustainability is crucial. You support and guide your team in continuous process improvements. You also use data and analysis to improve service to our consumers.
· You organize the planning process and let the team execute according to service expectations and priorities from the market, considering logistic capacities.
· You monitor the processes and procedures according to agreed service levels.
· You lead, coach, drive and inspire your team.
· You are fascinated by changes and are motivated to involve your team in these transitions.
· You build strong partnerships within the broader Nike organization, especially with Operations to improve the service to the market.
· You are constantly looking for innovative ways to improve our planning processes that will lead to increased service and efficiency (supported by KPIs).
· You leverage internal and external relationships to achieve business results.
· You have a service mindset.
· You have a broad general supply chain knowledge and you have at least 3 years of experience in a planning or logistics function. Experience leading people is a plus.
· You understand the impact of decisions and events on the entire logistical flow of goods.
· You are a team player with the capacity to lead and you have a passion to develop talent.
· You can work independently, and you take responsibility.
· You are flexible and stress resistant.
· You are an effective communicator.
· Requires a Bachelor's degree or a related discipline and at least 3 years management experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment; or an additional 2 years in lieu of a degree.
· You have working knowledge of automated distribution systems and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
· You have basic PC skills. Experience with Microsoft Office, SAP, WMoS, Tableau and SCI is a plus.
· You have strong decision-making and problem-solving skills, are attentive to details.
· You have demonstrated the ability to work as a team member, handle confidential matters in a professional manner, and lead others in accomplishing operational objectives.
· You have excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to embrace and promote others' ideas,
· You are able to be responsive to changes in the work schedule (with limited notice).
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.