Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Be a Product of Rad Society
We’ve got the goods. We just need the people who believe in the goods. That’s you. You see the product in the space. And you get how to make it leave the space. In someone’s bag, on someone’s feet. You’re a trendwatcher. A callmaker. Maybe even a visionary. You throw Product and Retail into a blender and make it come out as smooth delicious Success.
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
We’ve got the goods. We just need the people who believe in the goods. That’s you. You see the product in the space. And you get how to make it leave the space. In someone’s bag, on someone’s feet. You’re a trend-watcher. A call-maker. Maybe even a visionary. You throw Product and Retail into a blender and make it come out as smooth delicious Success.
This role drives the Global Brand vision into the North America Marketplace and owns consumer insights for the geography. As the voice of the North America Market, this candidate will help develop and socialize strategies from Collaborative programs as well as Pinnacle to Good channel assortments to ensure a holistic, premium, and purposefully segmented marketplace.
Responsible for adopting the Men’s Footwear assortment and leading the North America strategy on Incubate, Best Expressions and Channel segmentation by tier. Works cross functionally with Global Merchandising counterparts to ensure he/she has the building blocks for assortment differentiation across the marketplace. Drives communication related to the consumer right assortments to all stakeholders to ensure a consistent premium Converse brand consumer experience.
- Align cross-functionally to represent the Global brand vision and the North America point of view and provide seasonal Marketplace Capacity & Insights
- Seek out & serve up marketplace opportunities to Global Merchandising & Key Stakeholders
- Deliver North America seasonal strategies and segmented assortments to North America Marketplace Merchandising team
- Set and align local wholesale and retail pricing
- Drive geo adoption of seasonal strategies to ensure financial plans are met
- Adopts & Adapts Channel / Tier Assortments & Drives Franchise Position
- Leads North America RPC for Men’s footwear
- Responsible for geography forecasts that are well-informed from key cross functional partners
- Own allocation strategy by channel / tier, ensuring integrity with DTC and Converse.com
- Select Men’s footwear Go-To-Market samples
- Strategically minded individual with expertise in merchandising, marketplace and commercialization
- Proven record of accomplishment with creation and implementation of merchandising strategies. Ability to seek out and maximize business opportunities
- Consumer focused mindset with a passion for the Brand
- Ability to influence at various levels across a matrix organization
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an ability to present to larger audiences, across a variety of roles
- Knowledge of and/ or relationships with Pinnacle accounts in North America
- Drive communication around Collaborative programs across key functions
- Analytic minded able to read and react to trend and sales data
- Strong product acumen, understanding of product lifecycles and development calendar
- Strong process and organization skills aiding in working in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with positive energy and a willingness to deliver high quality results. Be a champion of change and lead by example
- Bachelor's degree in Merchandising or related field preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience in footwear merchandising or buying
- Proficient in MS Office Suite required
- Physical movement of samples and boxes as needed, during meeting setups
- Ability to travel 20-25% of the time
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.