Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike’s stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.
Joining us in Nike’s Digital Innovation Studio in New York City, the Sr Data Scientist, SNKRS App will embed themselves within Nike Digital’s SNKRS digital product management team serving as a data and analytics center of excellence. With our strategic focus on the evolution of the digital launch business and strengthening the consumer’s connection within the Nike digital ecosystem, this position plays a key role in driving sneaker culture forward for both Nike and the Jordan Brand.
We are looking for scientists with tech industry experience to help build our core data products and machine learning and statistical modeling processes. We want someone who loves modeling and writing code, someone who likes to dive in, solve problems, and create world class experiences for Nike consumers.
The candidate should be self-driven and proactive and must be able to demonstrate that they can assess many business needs and requests, collaborate across both technical and non-technical partners, continue to deliver on time while constantly developing new solutions and insights to empower the SNKRS App team to action and innovation.
• Use contemporary data science and analytics methods and tools to derive actionable business insights
• Develop models that help us understand and describe our customers – e.g., extracting deep interests and tendencies from event streams
• Collaborate with a team of data scientists, product managers, digital designers, engineers, and business stakeholders to take an opportunity or pain point from concept to a new feature or digital product
• Translate ambiguous statements into structured problem statements and testable hypotheses
• Create clear and structured deliverables to clearly communicate meaningful insights to a non-technical audience
• Build trust and drive business adoption of your solutions with stakeholders
• Collaborate with data scientists and stakeholders to explore opportunities to develop data driven solutions by developing and utilizing statistical modeling and machine learning algorithms
• Clean, prepare and verify the integrity of data for analysis
• Track model accuracy, ensuring model relevance and reliability
• Create clear, user-friendly documentation to support business usage of the solution
• Stay abreast of and apply industry and technology trends as well as emerging tools and techniques relevant to discipline
• Participate in a continuous learning environment within the advanced analytics community through persistent development of new skills and sharing of knowledge through mentorships and contributions to the open source community
• 5+ years of relevant professional experience
• Experience working with real-world, structured and unstructured data
• Experience working with moderate to large-scale data sets (>100GB)
• Ability to work in multiple data environments and perform complex joins, data cleaning, and feature creation using SQL or SQL based languages (Hive) is required
• Core mathematical ability to understand and apply state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and/or statistical modeling in a programming language like R or Python to understand patterns and provide insights is required
• Experience with data visualization packages and tools
• Excellent communications skills, in particular, the ability to communicate technical content to general audience in presentation and meeting format
• The ability to think creatively with data, formulate and get traction around new ideas, and bring a new perspective to business and engineering partners.
• Able to quickly pick up new programming languages, technologies, and frameworks
• In-depth background in mathematics, statistics, or a related field
• In-depth knowledge of applied data science
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and to multi-task across different functions of the business, and switch workstreams and handle many different levels of requests.
• Experience with Adobe Omniture Suite, Google Analytics, Tableau, or Optimizely is a plus
• Data science or advanced analytics applications in consumer-facing business (e.g. gaming, e-commerce, content platforms)
• Familiarity with digital optimization, A/B and multivariate test implementation, analysis and business reviews
• Executive level presentation and communication experience
• Consumer experience with Nike digital apps (NTC, NRC, SNKRS, Nike App)
• Knowledge of Nike’s physical merchandise and company history
• Passion for Nike sneakers and sneaker culture
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.