Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike’s stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.
The Global Brand Content Librarian – Taxonomy/Ontology Lead sits within the Global Brand Creative Studio and will oversee the taxonomy, metadata and classification of digital assets to effectively manage the lifecycle of information from creation to publication to archive. You are a crucial member of the Brand Content Library Team which supports the development, implementation and maintenance of the Brand Marketing Digital Asset Management (DAM) System and all associated workflows.The Content Library Team works across multiple functions in the Creative Development Engine from Brand Design, Nike Direct, Data Science and Personalization to Brand Marketing Tech. You will be part of the team managing creative assets through the entirety of their archival lifecycle, ensuring findability and governance in every stage.
This position will lead the taxonomy and ontology development for Brand Marketing in partnership with Nike’s Data Science and Personalization team. This position will focus heavily on developing end to end tagging strategy and terminology alignment for the Marketing Creative Development Engine. You will conduct iterative evaluations of taxonomy and ontology design based on and informed by feedback from internal teams and stakeholders.
• Build and continually maintain product, editorial and marketing taxonomies and ontologies based on a variety of stakeholder needs
• Lead and support tagging projects staffed with both internal and remote tagging teams
• Liase cross functionally to be the bridge between stakeholder teams
• Work closely with Nike’s Data Science and Personalization team to aid in machine learning and other classification models, prioritizing and managing projects and deliverables effectively
• Work closely with Enterprise Data Governance to represent Brand Marketing
• Be an integral part of the implementation and development of the new Brand Digital Asset Management System.
• Organize and create efficient metadata models/schemas, taxonomy models, and search schemas
• Highly skilled researcher and problem solver
• Collaborate with and serve a variety of DAM users
• Experience creating and maintaining product and marketing taxonomies and ontologies and related taxonomy management software
• Demonstrated experience in implementing an institution-wide DAM, managing metadata, born-digital and digitized media assets
• Understanding of photography, creative, and production processes common in agencies and digital media organizations
• Experience with creative agencies and/or creative workflows
• Knowledge of relevant media and broadcast metadata and file formats
• Strong and diplomatic communication skills.
• A solution- oriented mindset; Don’t belabor issues…solve them
- Master’s degree in Library Science or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience and demonstrated success with
- Taxonomy, ontology, thesaurus and metadata development
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with multiple business functions
- Strong team player and ability to work with the cross functional partners and senior
- management on all aspects of the business
- Travel 5% of the time
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.