Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Communications team develops, establishes and strengthens authentic connections with diverse audiences through the lens of innovation and sport. The team creates premium and innovative brand stories, builds and enhances corporate reputation and brand equity, and engages audiences such as consumers, media, athletes, investors, non-governmental organizations and Nike’s own employees. The team focuses on information, inspiration and connection to accelerate the growth of NIKE, Inc. Communications employees ignite conversations, envision the possibilities, and influence and deliver new levels of creative and strategic thinking to advance the brand around the world.
Join Nike’s Global Purpose Communications team, a strategic function within the Nike, Inc. Corporate Communications team. The Communications team develops, establishes and strengthens authentic connections with diverse audiences through the lens of innovation and sport. The team creates premium and innovative brand stories, builds and enhances corporate reputation and brand equity, and engages audiences such as consumers, media, athletes, investors, non-governmental organizations and Nike’s own employees. The team focuses on information, inspiration and connection to accelerate Nike’s growth, innovation and purpose.
The Director of Purpose Communications, Global Sustainability will lead, create and drive communication strategies and efforts supporting the Nike Global Sustainability business and narrative. This role focuses especially on innovative storytelling across our portfolio of products, materials and business processes, programs, initiatives and moments advancing Nike’s commitment to sustainability.
A successful candidate must think innovatively with the ability to expand the boundaries of traditional communication. This position will play a critical role in building and developing long-term global strategies to support strategic business, brand and functional objectives. The agility to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment is a must and a sense of humor is an asset.
The candidate must be capable of defining, communicating and influencing in a compelling way to drive work in the communications portfolio. Extensive experience in developing communications strategies and creating key messaging required. You will be responsible for developing and activating communications strategies that engage, motivate and inspire employees, consumers and stakeholders. You will do this by working with a global team of communications professionals, using traditional, digital and social media platforms with a focus on proactive, creative and compelling storytelling. You will also be a strategic partner to senior leaders and global teams driving the sustainability strategy.
- Create a vision and drive key deliverables that create distinction and enhance the brand’s reputation as a purpose-driven business and leading brand in sustainability
- Define a strong narrative to support Nike’s global sustainability agenda, including developing and defining positioning and messaging
- Work collaboratively with product, marketing, design and advanced innovation teams to create and execute integrated communications strategies and experiences, including media and employee plans
- Drive compelling, digestible and inspiring storytelling across Nike’s audiences
- Support global corporate communications and marketing events where appropriate
- Leverage expertise to contribute, elevate and amplify integrated purpose initiatives and events where appropriate
- Create plans, track timelines and oversee a budget. Oversee internal and external approval processes where appropriate
- Prioritize competing priorities in a dynamic environment
- A key contributor to shaping Nike Inc’s integrated purpose positioning
- Global Corporate Communications & Purpose Communications team
- Global Sustainability Leadership team
- Senior-level Marketing, Legal & GPA partners
- 12+ years demonstrated experience as a communications, media relations, public relations, or corporate affairs lead supporting globally branded organizations or high-profile organizations
- Innovative storyteller with demonstrated ability to prioritize, manage, influence and create new ideas in a fast-changing environment. Familiar with sustainability issues and positions, consumer sentiment and trends
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly collaborative role within a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent influencer and writing skills; inspiring and innovative storyteller with deep expertise in writing and content creation for a variety of audiences, including speechwriting, presentations, digital content, media relations and events
- Experience with global campaigns, with internal and external audiences
- Experience communicating to and working with senior executives to provide strategic counsel, clearly articulate ideas, successfully encourage differing points of view and strengthen relationships and rapport
- Experience in agency management
- Ability to Travel, 10-15%
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, PR, Journalism, or related discipline
- Passion for the NIKE brand and working for a purpose-driven company
- Ability to operate in a matrixed organization, businesses, brand and operating ethos
- Demonstrated experience working across cultures and geographies; ability to communicate plans across a complex matrix on a corporate, regional and functional basis, including presenting before audiences of various sizes and cultures
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.