Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
As the director of architecture, you will be leading a group of highly skilled principal architects that manage all things data and analytics within Nike Technology. This is a highly visible role, guiding both engineering and business on big data engineering, and analytics, including descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics. Your team will deliver architecture and design patterns and standards, information models, system landscapes and AI/ ML framework across Nike’s ecosystem.
This role is integral to the capabilities needed that allows us to serve the consumer faster and more personally, at scale. This role, in conjunction with our business partners will help accelerate our greatest opportunities and put decision-making closer to the consumer, across Nike, so we can move at the speed of the marketplace. This highly visible team will work across the Nike business building elegant and scalable data solutions and evangelizing the Consumer Data Platform driving marketing technology, personalization and recommendation solutions.
• Hire, inspire and lead a group of highly skilled architects to drive Nike’s digital transformation through data and analytics
• Shape the architecture vision and strategy for advanced analytics across Nike value chain, challenging current assumptions and driving innovative solutions
• Drive architecture strategy and design for consumer data engineering and management
• Lead architecture design for data scientists, data analysts, machine learning Engineers, and Product Owners responsible for building and deploying data-science toward Nike’s most complex challenges
• Influence and advise business and engineering teams across Nike to leverage the power of analytics and provide strategic advantage for Nike business
• Partner with reference architecture and platform teams to assess new technologies, patterns and frameworks in the industry to elevate Nike’s advanced analytics capabilities.
• Design for data privacy, security, quality and governance in partnership with business and technology teams that lead the charters for key non-functional requirements.
• Understand and articulate the needs of business and technical stakeholders via regular dialogue and proactively advise them on architecture principles and standards
• Lead planning and prioritization with a focus on strategic objectives and vision, balanced with business deliverables
• Manage through a matrixed culture of the organization and build consensus through collaboration and objective discussion.
• MS/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
• 3+ years of experience leading advanced analytics engineering, data engineering, BI/ Reporting, and Data Science using a vast array of technologies, including open source
• 3+ years of experience building, coaching and leading architects, data scientists, or software engineers
• 2+ years of hands-on experience in marketing technology, and consumer data, including consumer behavior, marketing segmentation, acquisition and conversion measurement
• 2+ years of experience designing analytics foundation to support advanced analytics solutions such as personalization and recommendation engines, demand forecasting and inventory optimization, and supply planning
• 2+ years of experience building data visualization, BI/ Reporting and ad-hoc data access solutions for business leaders and analysts
• 3+ years of experience with cloud deployments, focused on scale, performance and reliability. AWS experience preferred
• 6+ years of experience working with programming languages such as Java, Perl or Python and open-source technologies such as Apache, Hadoop
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate at all levels of the organization
• Experience managing stakeholders and priorities in a matrixed environment
• Ability to pass a 7 year background investigation
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.