Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Innovation is oxygen for NIKE, Inc., and the company depends on its talented, global workforce to breathe originality and curiosity into everything they do. The Nike Advanced Innovation team strives for lighter, faster, bigger, smarter, smaller, more efficient, more sustainable and more personal. They imagine, research, analyze and invent the next industry-changing technology to advance athletic performance. In roles that span research, design, materials and manufacturing, the Advanced Innovation team looks to the future and focuses on making the seemingly impossible, possible.
We are looking for a talented Director to join the NSRL team that unlocks groundbreaking scientific insights, and commercializes those insights into compelling value propositions for Nike’s women consumers. The Director of Women’s Research needs to be equal parts entrepreneurial scientist, versatile leader, and collaborator, with the ability to partner with disparate teams and functions across Nike. This person needs to bring energy and curiosity to understanding complex research challenges and then partner with researchers, designers, product developers, and technologists to bring to life innovative products and services for HER.
You must have extensive communication, collaboration, and influencing skills which you will use in your interactions throughout the Nike organization.
- Act as a link between the NSRL, NXT, Nike Valiant Labs and orchestrate complex cross-functional research initiatives
- Lead strategy definition for key research directions and future capabilities requirements; facilitate conceptualisation and brainstorming workshops
- Partner with stakeholders to define needs, prioritize work and ensure alignment
- Lead the proof of concepts & pilots to prove plausibility of technology innovation
- Manage day-to-day collaborations with partners, technical teams and external development partners
- Lead the development & implementation of key projects with technology and vendor partners; establish positive relationships
- Storytelling to gain organizational alignment including the development and delivery of persuasive presentations
- Advocate and evangelize the power of research and scientific findings in making sport a daily habit for HER
- Define project achievements and build project Gantt charts and status reports
- Educational background: MS or PhD degree in Biomechanics, Physiology, Engineering, Behavior, or related subject area
- 10 years of experience in facilitating teams and/or projects
- An experienced leader, capable of leading interdisciplinary teams to deliver projects and/or products on bold timelines
- Track record of getting leadership onboard with a common vision and strategy to achieve a particular outcome
- Demonstrated deep experience in crafting and facilitating immersive workshops that generate tangible results and momentum in accomplishing project goals
- Demonstrated ability to turn research and/or consumer insights into program or product concepts
- Demonstrated experience balancing research integrity and business needs
- Ability to work with a high level of ambiguity. Be flexible with an ability to take unclear goals and targets forward by formulating a plan which brings clarity and focus in order to achieve deliverables
- Extreme comfort with a blank whiteboard and random ingredients and make sense of it all
- Inventive with a desire to assemble significant and relevant intellectual property for the company
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate effectively with the core team, extended partners and leadership
- Self-motivated and driven to exceed expectations
- Strong team orientation and ability to collaborate
- History of financial planning and budget management
- Strong project management fundamentals
- Background in physiology, biomechanical, or behavior and perception research
- Experience in delivering product and service innovations to the hands of consumers is preferred
- Nike, Inc. knowledge and established credibility within the business is a plus
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.