Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
As a Principal Software Engineer,
you'll be responsible for implementing end-to-end technical solutions in
support of Nike’s Search platforms and services. You'll work closely with the
Product and architecture teams to provide leadership in driving technical
design and solutions across multiple solution areas, contributing to the future
success of the business through innovations in technology.
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Leads the design and development of technical solutions that have significant strategic, long-term impact on the business and achieve competitive advantage for the company, aligned with the strategic objectives of Nike and future architectural standards.
- Establishes and communicates a strategic vision for multiple systems and solution areas, helping colleagues translate that vision into value drops and deliverable technical components.
- Codes and/or provides direction and technical mentorship on the most sophisticated coding/development, configuration, and implementation efforts, improving the expertise of colleagues.
- Partner with Product and Engineering leadership to establish an architectural runway for building Platform solutions in consideration of the product roadmaps.
- Participates in & leads design and engineering of technology that have significant strategic impact and achieve long term competitive advantage for Nike.
- Adopt and influence domain driven design and architecture principles of security, scale, uptime and reliability
- Partner with business leaders to provide expert technical advice and influence strategic decision making-Demonstrate a strong bias for architecture principles balanced with tactical timelines, cost and risks-Contribute to architecture guiding principles, development standards, training and hiring.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
- 5+ years in hands-on engineering or development of full stack software solutions.
- Experience in developing End to End technical Architecture of very large-scale applications.
- Outstanding collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements and architecture conversations with all partners (management, business users, and technology resources)
- Experience in microservice architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful API’s
- Hands-on experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (AWS preferred) with high transaction volumes
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like Scikit-learn)
- Experience in Elastic Search or other Lucene based Search solutions.
- Demonstrated track record of leading within sophisticated organizations requiring strong influence leadership skills
- Ability to work collaboratively at all levels in matrix environment
- Strong team management and leadership skills
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.