Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. designs the future. At NIKE, Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
Who are we looking for?
Nike is looking for a passionate product design leader to help lead the commerce experience across Nike.com and the Nike App from online to offline applications. The ideal candidate is proficient in design leadership, product design methodologies, developing a team, and online commerce. You will be asked to advocate for design through the voice of the user and brand while working collaboratively with cross-functional partners.
In this role, you will be responsible for the user experience and design of features and capabilities that deliver the best possible product experience across Nike Digital Product’s Decide & Buy teams – defining how users compare products, understand product differentiation, find products that fit, and purchase seamlessly.
Who will you work with?
Reporting to our VP or Design, Design Director of the Decide & Buy Team will help consumers pick which product is best for them and purchase that product with minimal friction and effort. We partner with a variety of product, engineering, research, data, brand, and business teams as we define how users search, browse, compare, customize, and receive the products that they really want.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Provide strategy and thinking, partnering with executive leadership to define and build a vision for the future — then align teams to work toward it.
- Build strategies that demonstrate competitive advantages and emerging trends.
- Exude expert knowledge of the state of digital, business and sport, and uses those insights to spot new opportunities.
- Work with cross-functional partners to define and author business goals, team objectives, product vision and strategies, and overall product roadmaps.
- Partner with Design Operations to build, establish, and refine a clear and effective design process.
- Grow and develop world-class talent, providing timely coaching and guidance to managers and individual contributors.
- Help define and champion a diverse community of passionate designers.
What you bring to Nike?
- 4+ years of proven experience leading a large product design team.
- 12+ years design industry experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in design, computer science, HCI, or related field.
- Experience managing managers and growing careers for highly talented designers.
- Experienced in e-commerce with first-hand knowledge of UX standard methodologies and patterns with on-line retail sites.
- Demonstrated user-centric design approach and insights-based design process with strong measurable results.
- Works enthusiastically and collaboratively with cross-functional partners, building trusting relationships.
- Experience working with sophisticated and detailed consumer research and data.
- Experienced at using metrics and data to help define success.
- Have successfully managed and launched multiple large scale cross-platform design projects (Web, Android, iOS, emails).
- Experience launching software at scale in a fast paced product organization.
- Hustle. Thrives in an evolving, fast paced, ambiguous work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with ability to influence with masterful storytelling.
- Foster a culture that supports and encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Passion for the Nike brand, sports and for creating high-quality work.
- A fascination with innovation and technology and an expert understanding of digital tools and trends.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.