Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The first spark of a product idea sets the NIKE, Inc. Product team into motion. The team of developers, testers, engineers, designers and managers obsess over Nike’s iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products’ construction, fit and materials. They maintain a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. They skillfully operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.
Rapid prototyping of footwear concepts is essential to product creation and decision-making at Nike! We do everything from incubating new designs and technologies to producing one-of-a-kind products for Nike’s most high-profile Athletes and Influencers. Our team is a vital component in crafting the future of Footwear. We’re looking for a Material Coordinator to be part of our Product Creation Center at Nike’s World Headquarters.
The candidate needs to possess the following traits and skills:
- High attention to detail.
- Superior customer service skills
- Flexible, self-starter, motivated to continually learn and grow
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
If this is you, you’ll be a key member of the Operations Team in Nike’s Product Creation Center. As a Material Coordinator, you will be critical to supporting the overall strategy of WHQ PCC. In this role you will be responsible for maintaining an inventory of goods and materials used to make shoes for athletes, influencers, and innovation. You will work with key functions across the PCC and the footwear ecosystem, as well as outside vendors to insure to coordinate the on-time delivery of materials and goods.WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- You will partner with internal specialists across the Product Creation Centers Manufacturing, Prototyping, and Engineering teams.
- You will work cross-functionally with material managers, procurement managers, and project management to deliver footwear and footwear prototypes to our external collaborators in Footwear Product Development and Nike Innovation.
- An associate degree or higher in logistics, manufacturing engineering, business management, or library science or a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience managing inventory of goods used for production purposes.
- Strong inventory management skills and familiarity with industry inventory management systems and best practices.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of general footwear processes and how materials are used in footwear manufacturing.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues, providing guidance about materials and supplies available for projects.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to the given audience, present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and multitask in a flexible, fast-paced and ambitious environment
ENTRYLEADER: Be Empowered to Grow within Nike and Create the Future
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.