Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. is transforming manufacturing with world-class standards that ensure our products are made responsibly and sustainably. Everything we do puts workers at the center. We are respecting the environment and using cutting-edge technologies to create better, more personalized products for our customers.
Many of the challenges we seek to address are complex and beyond the scope of one brand or company. We need to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders to think creatively, and pool our skills in order to address risks and improve outcomes for our manufacturing factories, workers, and their communities.
Nike’s ambition is to build a zero-waste future. We work passionately to reduce Nike's footwear and apparel waste and, when waste is created, recapture greater value from it. Achieving Nike’s results-oriented recycling targets requires transforming our materials into new quality recyclable material feedstock. Our Responsible Sourcing & Manufacturing Circularity strategy puts Nike Grind, Nike’s industry-leading recycling program, at its center. Every year, the Nike Grind business is responsible for generating customer demand for millions of pounds of Nike’s unused materials. To achieve this, we are building and leading a modernized circular supply chain.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurially-minded supply chain leader with a passion for setting Nike apart as the definitive leader in the circular economy space.WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring a best-in-class circular supply chain to access, transform, move and recycle Nike materials, keeping them at their highest and best use and out of landfill. You will:
- Oversee relationships with our suppliers, including Nike Grind's eight (8) global Recycling Centers and 3rd party processors, ensuring that the highest standards are met for collection, sorting and recycling, machine processing capacity is sufficient to meet demand, and material quality standards are consistently achieved.
- Closely lead supply and demand planning for each Nike Grind material type and each source location, processors’ throughput capacity, Nike’s anticipated growth, and customer orders in queue.
- Lead all aspects of the work of our Nike Grind Analyst, in-country sourcing consultant, 3rd party vendors and Nike Transport & Logistics teams to ensure detailed Nike Grind order management, freight & logistics, materials inventory and fulfillment practices.
- Partner with our internal Government & Public Affairs team to align our sourcing practices with any applicable country regulations governing transborder shipments of our materials.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Nike Innovation, Sustainable Product, Material Sourcing & Manufacturing, and Chemical Engineering to achieve closed-loop recycling priorities and support trialing and piloting of new recycling technologies.
- Coordinate with global RSM Field Teams and RSM’s Waste Deployment Director to address country and/or factory-specific issues.
- Run regular chemical testing of Nike Grind materials for compliance with Nike's Restricted Substances List.
Waste reduction and recycling is a top priority for Nike, and, in this role, you will gain transparency into cutting-edge circular business models and Nike's circularity strategy. Internally, you will work across Responsible Sourcing & Manufacturing’s global in-country field teams as well as partner closely with our broader imbedded sustainability teams in Sustainable Product, Global Operations & Logistics, Innovation and Chemical Engineering, among others. Externally, you will engage regularly with Nike Grind’s corporate customers in North America and Europe as well as our North American, European and Asian Nike Grind suppliers. This role reports to the RSM Circular Economy Director.
- Bachelor's degree required with minimum of 5+ years of work experience in supply chain and sourcing functions.
- Advanced degree or strong background in supply chain, logistics, supply-demand planning, Chemical Engineering, material science, or related field strongly preferred.
- Experience working in sustainability, waste management, recycling, and/or with footwear and apparel factories strongly preferred.
- Facile with managing, analyzing, and interpreting data, and building financial analyses and return on investments.
- Exceptional meeting facilitation, partner management and influencing skills; an ability to pull together diverse individuals with different goals and facilitate productive discussions.
- Extensive work experience in Vietnam, Indonesia or China preferred.
- Experience in leading cross-cultural, cross-functional and virtual teams.
- Fast learner and natural problem-solver with strong sense of personal accountability for the work
- Highly organized and accurate
- Self-starter who can prioritize among many various work demands and thrives in fast-paced environment
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.