Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Who Converse represents is who Converse hires. If you're one-of-a-kind, you should try us on.
NIKE, Inc.’s uncompromising focus on human potential extends to its workforce. Nike Human Resources teams help attract, retain, and reward the world’s most innovative people by creating programs to help them thrive. They accelerate company growth as stewards of culture, organizational effectiveness, talent and change. As the Global Human Resources community, we include experts in talent planning, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and more. Together, they develop a motivated, diverse and engaged global distributed team.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Manager of Learning & Development (L&D) for Converse. As the Learning & Development Manager for Converse you’ll lead the development and curation of solutions to build world-class people managers and diverse, high-potential leaders across Converse globally. We are seeking candidates who are passionate and curious about learning. They need to have experience working in a learning function on both design, delivery and facilitation.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If this is you, you will be working on multiple project to design, plan, build and execute learning interventions. Your key partners will be the Dir of Talent Management/Learning & Development and the Nike global learning and development team, and leaders and managers across Converse.
A typical day/week looks like creating design briefs & defining learning outcomes, working on building, testing and piloting solutions. You will work with the Nike global delivery and partnership team to ensure Converse adaptation and rollout is considered. This role will lead process to evaluate the impact of all learning programs through qualitative and quantitative feedback and make recommendations to improve the learning experiences aligned to intended outcomes. Another key aspect of the role is facilitating a global portfolio of offerings for managers, leaders, and new employees. You will maintain knowledge by staying up to date with emerging trends in management and leadership development.
- Manage the Converse Onboarding program and solutions – delivering and evaluating programs and online resources
- Lead the planning, management and facilitation of the learning program for Converse managers
- Plan & deliver leadership development programs at Converse
- Promote and engage Converse with the Professional skills portfolio
- Translate knowledge/ tools/ experiences to work for Converse
- Measure the impact of learning & development program through quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Serve as a critical thought partner to the Director of Talent Management/Learning & Development as well as the global Learning & Development team at Nike
- Maintain & effectively utilize partnerships with Converse Leaders, HRBPs, across Learning & Development and HR COEs.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
Partnering with the Director of Talent Management/ Learning & Development at Converse as well as the global learning and development team at Nike, Inc., we will work within the Nike matrix and build strong working relationships with talent management, HR business partners and other key leaders at Converse and Nike.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelors level qualification or significant experience in Manager/Leadership Development, OD or Adult Learning
- Understanding of pedagogy, practices & trends in Leadership & Management development
- 7+ years’ experience in L&D both in design and delivery; ideally for leading global consumer brands; with a focus on leaders, high potential talent and people managers
- Understanding and experience working with digital learning interventions
- Experience in partnering with leading management and executive development schools and providers
- Collaborative & open communicator
- Strong project management skills
- Effective relationship builder
- Agile learner with a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Critical thinking and ability to edit to achieve strategic priorities
- Experience creating high quality presentations using PowerPoint and complex reports using Excel
- Strong organizational/planning skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and a high attention to detail
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.