Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.’s rapid pace of innovation demands a Legal team that is always on the offense. And they’re always on their game – with the mission to advance and guide Nike’s business through innovative, offense-minded counsel. Nike attorneys, paralegals and other specialists in law provide inventive approaches and superior counsel to Nike’s global business. As Nike changes the future of sport, the Nike Legal team drives competition, ingenuity and integrity in the marketplace.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for an attorney, with 3-6 years of proven experience to join NIKE as an Associate General Counsel, Digital and Retail within the Global Marketplace Legal Team! NIKE’s Global Marketplace is comprised of NIKE Direct, its Marketplace Partners, and the Connected Marketplace business, which is focused on building deeper relationships between NIKE Direct and its Marketplace Partners. As with other industry leaders, all aspects of NIKE’s business are powered by direct physical and digital relationships with consumers. In this role, you will support NIKE’s global direct to consumer digital strategy, supporting other lawyers in advising NIKE’s Global digital team with respect to digital retail matters. An ideal candidate will have experience advising both wholesale and direct-to-consumer businesses to help the business look around corners and identify legal and business risk during strategy formation and execution.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
As Associate General Counsel, you will advise on retail and digital strategy, draft and negotiate strategic agreements in service of the NIKE geographies, and interact with cross-functional legal teams involved with retail and wholesale distribution of products while serving consumers around the world.
In addition to handling the legal work on new and existing business models, you will advise and counsel NIKE business leaders on a wide-range of legal, compliance and process issues associated with NIKE’s global one marketplace strategy and providing analysis of legal risks.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
Under the supervision of our Assistant General Counsel, you will: collaborate with other retail, real estate and digital lawyers and analysts across the globe; advise NIKE business leaders directly; and create and implement solutions structured to efficiently achieve business objectives efficiently.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING TO NIKE?
- Juris Doctorate degree or international equivalent
- Member, in good standing, of at least one US State Bar and willingness to meet the requirements of membership in the Oregon State Bar through in-house counsel, reciprocity, or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of relative professional work experience
- Experience reviewing digital products or wireframes, identifying issues, and supporting remediation efforts
- Experience reviewing consumer data flows and negotiating applicable contract terms with third parties
- Proven experience representing corporations in commercial transactions and general business law
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Bias for action and ability to work independently within a multinational organization
- Results driven and proven experience leading strategic projects
- International experience and fluency in other languages are a plus
- Sound risk assessment capabilities in rapidly evolving regulated areas
- Demonstrated ability to learn business requirements quickly, analyze legal and commercial risks, and propose creative, business-oriented solutions
- Publicly held, Fortune-500, multi-national company experience preferred
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.