Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike’s stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.
We are seeking a Brand Planning Director to join our Beaverton, Oregon-based APLA Marketing team. The APLA Womens Brand Planning Director reports to the Sr. Director of Brand Marketing Operations and is core member of both the Brand Marketing Operations and the Women’s Brand Management teams.
As a member of the Brand Marketing Operations team, you'll partner closely with teammates who support the Mens, Kids and Brand Defining Brand Management teams, the Consumer Direct Marketing team and Brand Creative team! This team’s collective functional charter is to deliver end-to-end operational excellence. Not only do we steward the process through its design and socialization, but we lead its implementation through Brand Planning and Project Management.
As a member of the Women’s Brand Management team, serve as the Chief of Staff to the Sr. Director of APLA Women’s Brand Management, orchestrating both the end-to-end and day-to-day operations for their team, within the worldwide network. They will partner closely with Global, Geo and Territory Women’s Brand teams to help navigate through challenges with creativity and enthusiasm.
Our ideal Brand Planning Director combines world-class operational acumen, leadership, and critical thinking with a collaborative, problem-solving approach. We are looking for someone who is ready to lead from the center.WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
Every day will be different. In given day, you may find yourself starting with a Worldwide Women’s Brand Marketing workshop focused on our Olympic strategy and ending with a session focused on the APLA Marketing Operating Model. Whatever the day throws at you, there will be no shortage of exciting challenges that will flex both your strategic and operational muscles! What makes it even better is doing that in the company’s most diverse and upbeat geography, APLA.
- As a member of the Brand Marketing Operations team, you will be a steward of the End-to-End Brand Marketing Process in APLA. You will work on both the ongoing design and refinement of the process as well as its implementation.
- In up-stream planning gates, you will work side-by-side with the Brand Marketing Operations Lead and the Women’s Brand Management Lead to drive operational excellence and support strategic integration across teams.
- In down-stream gates, your focus will be on project management, providing a roadmap for cross-functional teams to drive the work forward.
- As the chief-of-staff for the Womens Brand Management team, you will facilitate flawless day-to-day operations.
- Build a culture of teamwork, and a test-and-learn culture defined by curiosity, positive spirit and collective support among teammates.
- You will report directly to the Sr. Director of Brand Marketing Operations and be a core member of the APLA Brand Marketing Operations team.
- As a core member of the Women’s Marketing Team, you'll engage directly with Global and Territory counterparts in addition to the cross-functional teams in APLA Marketing.
- APLA’s territories include Mexico, Japan, South Korea, Pacific (Australia & New Zealand), Central and South America and Southeast Asia & India.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple workstreams simultaneously.
- A proactive attitude and approach to solving problems as they arise – see something, do something.
- Leadership skills that help build a culture of collaboration and excitement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Marketing Experience (either Brand or Agency) with the ability to understand, communicate and turn strategy into action.
- Ability to lead ‘from the center’ as a leader of your peers.
- Comfort with ambiguity with the ability to bring clarity.
- Familiarity with Keynote, AirTable, Excel.
- Previous work with Nike – either internal or external is a definite plus.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.