Director, Global Retail Brand Marketing
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike’s stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for an experienced retail brand marketing leader who can help us build a new functional team that will develop and implement retail brand strategies for Consumer Direct Marketing (CDM) Construct (Men's, Women's & Kids) and Moments teams across multiple store concepts experiencing considerable expansion. We desire a creative, people-first leader who will obsess consumer insights, understand shopping behaviors and journeys in store, and build unbelievable product and innovations stories and experiences to drive demand and impact across the marketplace. This leader will immerse themselves in the business and constantly look for opportunities to evolve and improve the way we tell our product stories, all in an effort to connect with consumers and drive sales.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in retail brand and leading happy, balanced, collaborative and productive teams.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
Your team will work closely with the Global Consumer Direct Marketing team, GEO Retail teams, Store Merchants and the Visual Merchandizing & Styling team to align on key seasonal and 365 marketing stories across GEOs. Your team will be responsible for understanding both the art and science of marketing; obsessing the business, consumer insights and the creative ways we tell our marketing stories in store. As the CDM product and retail experts, your team will partner closely with the stores marketing concept teams to assist in building out the wholistic seasonal brand plan across concepts and ensure that the product is properly represented. You will partner with Global and Geo functional partners, your RBP counterparts and Stores Concept marketing teams to set, adopt and enrich seasonal Retail Brand strategies that define the vision for product presentation, communication and consumer experience across the globe. You will work closely with the retail brand design team to build the vision for how the product comes to life in store, and partner with CDM teammates to effectively build the plan to drive traffic to stores leveraged paid, owned and earned channels when vital. You will then work with GEO Retail Brand teams to guide adoption, localization and execution of the plan. You’ll partner with the stores marketing team to manage the overall development and execution of seasonal/monthly initiatives, sports moments and premium retail experience.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
If this is you, you will report directly into the Senior Director for the CDM Construct you are working within. You will lead a team of people that will collaborate daily with the CDM team, Nike Stores Concept teams, Visual Merchandizing & Styling, Stores Merchants, Retail Brand Design, Brand Marketing, Integrated Media, Owned Channel teams, GEO and City/Territory teams all with the goal to tell amazing stories and amplify awareness and sales in the marketplace.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Marketing, Merchandising, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A people-first approach that values diverse thought and is committed to building a diverse team.
- Experience leading and growing a team.
- 10+ years of retail brand experience (building and implementing strategies)
- Large Fleet, vertical retail and store opening experience.
- A strong understanding of the consumer, shopping behaviors and retail journeys.
- A track record of implementing a test and learn offense.
- The ability to fail forward.
- Exceptional written, verbal, visual communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Pro-active problem solver, with an ability to assess an issue and develop action steps for resolution.
- An impeccable ability for balancing creativity with business needs, inspired by the "now and next" and keeping the consumer at the center of the work.
- Able to work as part of a matrix, with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally towards a common goal.
- Can-do demeanor with shown ability of adapting to change in business needs or direction.
- A passion for the Athlete, Sport and Culture along with a sense of humor and humility - ensuring team success, while having fun.
- Ability to travel 20% when safe.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.