Director, Software Architecture – SEC – Marketplace Supply Chain Technology (Remote Option*)
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
Nike Global Technology designs, crafts, and implements the methods and tools needed to make the world’s largest sports brand run faster, smarter and more securely. Global Technology teams ambitiously innovate the solutions needed to help employees navigate Nike's rapidly evolving landscape. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Simply put, without Nike Global Technology, there are no Nike products.
If you’re ready to innovate and lead a team in the Solution Architecture space, join Nike’s Global Architecture organization! You will be part of an organization that is revolutionizing Nike Global Technology platforms and architecting a technology landscape that is simplified, modern, flexible and will ultimately enable Nike on its journey through 2021 and beyond.
This role will be in direct support to Strategic Enterprise Capabilities (SEC) for Marketplace Supply Chain Technology. The Solution Architecture team partners and engages directly with business and technology leaders across Nike in planning, crafting, maintaining, and implementing solution approaches that are aligned to the roadmaps and architectural principles established by global architecture.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
As a Director of Architecture within the Strategic Enterprise Capabilities (SEC) team, you will lead a highly visible team that is passionate about aligning strategic objectives including: operations, logistics, transportation, direct to consumer and sales, planning and manufacturing, ERPs, data, reporting, and analytics. You will build, lead, and deliver strategic direction, run a team of solution architects, balance priorities, build and deliver architecture roadmaps.
This position will engage, collaborate and partner with various functional heads, technical leaders, and executive partners to understand long and short term strategies, provide thought leadership, and engage in proactive planning of a phased, executable technology roadmap. These roadmaps will address the strategic and tactical business and technology priorities as well as identify challenges and align to intended business outcomes. This role will also play significant part in helping to establish the practice of Solution Architecture within Nike and will bring broad experiences in driving quality and consistency in solution architecture approaches and projects enterprise wide.
In particular, you will help drive decisions and architecture design for capabilities such as: inventory protection, prioritization, sourcing & availability, trade and transportation, order and node management, EDI and more.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON?
- Lead specific End-to-End Strategic Designs across multiple domains
- Drive and facilitate the right discussions that identify business solutions in relation to current and future technology landscape
- Build architecture roadmaps including north star and transitional architectures
- Present recommendations and solutions clearly and concisely while focusing on key points to portray the intended message or purpose
- Advocate and drive adoption of standard methodologies to ensure consistency of solution architecture outputs across the enterprise
- Serve in the role of a Solution Architect to present compelling digital viewpoints integrating and scaling solutions.
- Identify new opportunities and serve as a technical domain specialist for supply chain technologies.
- Work with multi-functional teams to develop optimal customer experience solutions that balance technical feasibility, deployment timelines, customer experience, and business value
- Analyze data driven insights and operational data to showcase value and identify additional opportunities for improvement
- Cross-initiative analysis of enterprise-level technology portfolio including identification of gaps and sequencing opportunities
- Align with corporate strategies through strong business and technical thought leadership
- Efficiently handle priorities, work, and timelines with little need for escalation
- Translate business needs to technical implementations
- Lead and deliver platform and domain driven design for Nike's supply chain technology
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH?
- Mentor and coach architects
- Collaborate closely with architecture and technology leaders to develop portfolio specific architecture roadmaps and FROM-TO solution architectures
- Work closely with reference and domain architecture and in support of domain teams.
- Partner and communicate optimally with senior leaders
WHAT YOU BRING?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8+ years combined hands-on engineering experience with public cloud, distributed computing, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), and custom developed solutions.
- 5+ years of experience leading teams in technology as part of large multi-functional projects.
- Experience working in a Distributed/Cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2, GCE, Rackspace, Azure, etc.) and expertise in cloud native architectures.
- Experience in SAP technologies.
- Experience designing and implementing highly-scalable web applications.
- Experience in service architecture, domain driven design, RESTful Services and API design and modeling.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Proven knowledge of supply chain technologies
*Remote Work Option –open to remote work except cannot work in the following locations: SD,VT, and WV. These candidates will be required to relocate.
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $147,500 in our lowest geographic market to $321,000 in our highest geographic market. Actual salary will vary based on a candidate's location, qualifications, skills and experience. Information about benefits can be found here.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.