Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to social media, digital marketing and the retail store experience, our teams at NIKE Digital are reimagining how design and technology meet to serve consumers more directly and personally. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with the most creative people in the world. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
As the Nike Direct Digital New Commerce Business Manager for Japan, you'll work closely with the broader Nike Direct Digital Commerce (NDDC) team working to leverage our portfolio of Digital Services and Experiences as we strive to serve athletes* through various consumer connections. You will work in close partnership with all groups within the Nike Direct Digital team, as well as our integrated marketplace team. In addition, this role will have interactions with various stakeholders within Nike’s World Headquarters location.
About the role
Nike is dedicated to providing a premium experience to our consumers and as the New Commerce Business Manager you will play a critical role in ensuring this goal is achieved. The ideal candidate will possess extensive digital commerce experience including working on owned platform or multibrand e-commerce environments. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess strong strategic, operational and project management skills and the ability to work within a dynamic and complex matrix organization structure. To be effective you’ll possess a degree of comfort with ambiguity, an ability to simplify the complex and communicate effectively across various levels of the organization. You will be responsible for a critical growth driver of our business and be creative in your approach to our new commerce opportunities.
The right candidate is also a strong people manager and team player and will be comfortable navigating the Nike matrix and working with multiple partners towards a common goal. As a people manager, your ability to set a vision and prioritize deliverables across a complex body of work will be extremely important. Most importantly, you should be very excited about the opportunity to make a significant impact at Nike.
This role will require some travel to Nike Headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
1. Leads new digital commercial initiatives from business case to execution—inclusive of piloting/test & learn, scaling & passing to Geos as a capability/lever to drive business (e.g. Flash site, bundling, replenishment).
2. Maintains expertise/awareness of industry-leading digital retail practices, inclusive of consumer trends & expectations.
3. Works with key cross-functional partners to scope, prepare, and implement new business models and capabilities
4. Run the commercial platform’s 365 offense, leading in-season read/react to respond to trends & opportunities with real-time relevance.
5. Partner with local and global NIKE team members to enhance consumer journey & localize the experience where applicable.
6. Leverage and partner with the Global Digital center of excellence to ensure Nike Japan is aware, and influences, Global New Commerce Playbooks.
* Bachelor's degree required (or additional 2 years of experience in lieu of a degree)
* Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience with an emphasis on E-Commerce retail, preferably with experience focused on platform and/or multi-brand environments. Experience working in a global business environment preferred but not required
* Strategic acumen with proven experience in project/program management of complex initiatives—from ideation to implementation
* GM muscle: consumer & results orientation, market mgmt., strategic acumen & finance proficiency
* Demonstrated knowledge of consumer-facing digital platforms & products. Capability of making sound business decisions and quickly understanding new information and situations
* Strong presentation skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills, including results packaging and development of management presentations required
* Business level written and verbal communications skills in English and Japanese required. Language requirement (e.g. Fluency in Japanese and English required. Minimum TOEIC 800+.)
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.