Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
This position requires deep knowledge of software development. You must be comfortable with rapidly evolving designs, requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Throughout the process, you will work collaboratively with our team of engineers and partner with other teams across operations & engineering. The individual must be self-motivated, an amazing problem solver and a fast learner. Very strong technical skills and demonstrated experience in writing commercial grade apps for high availability systems is a must. The candidate will work with talented engineers in a fast paced, technically demanding environment to deliver new features.
Deployment, support and monitoring of new platforms and application stacks. Participate in new technology evaluation, design and development of highly scalable distributed databases. Explore and evaluate new technologies and solutions to push our capabilities forward, getting ahead of user needs, and working hard to transform, innovate, and continuously improve.
* 4-6+ years of experience of developing and maintaining infrastructure in a high volume of customer-facing environment.
* Strong backend and frontend programming skills.
* Write code for web-based applications, create fast, easy-to-use, production applications, and develop solutions quickly.
* Understanding of fundamental principles behind a scalable application.
* Optimize web applications to maximize speed and scale to support diverse clients on high powered machines.
* Consultancy approach to create new designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
* Systematic multitasking problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, accountability, and drive.
* Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, automation, software design, and database management.
* Experience with React, Redux, Node programming and design skills and running web services at scale.
* Demonstrated experience with AWS, ElasticSearch, writing hand-crafted SQL, PL/SQL.
* Experience with Java web frameworks such as Spring Boot, Spring MVC.
* Experience writing Java libraries and developing REST APIs (i.e. writing code/services meant to be used by others).
* Familiarity with Tomcat, Weblogic, JBoss, Jetty, etc.
* Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
* Phenomenal debugging and testing skills.
* Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams.
* Demonstrated ability to deliver results on time with high quality.
* Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
* Passion for delivering the best quality product regardless of project scope.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* DevOps mentality and experience with Jenkins deployment pipelines and monitoring practices.
* Conduct on call duties as need for urgent matters.
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.