Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
We are seeking an experienced and collaborative Senior Software Engineer III to join our team within the Product Customization Platform. We are responsible for the technology solutions that allow Nike consumers to design their own custom footwear and apparel. Beyond serving Nike’s most loyal consumers, we empower partner teams that help bring customization experiences to life across all of Nike’s global eCommerce channels, including Nike By You and Converse Custom. In this role you will power the back-end data layer that powers all the critical web experiences that bring customization to life across Nike, Inc.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
As our Senior Software Engineer III your role will include:
* Participating in a high functioning DevOps Scrum team, employing various XP practices including pair programming. You will own the full DevOps application life cycle inclusive of dev, testing, deploy, monitoring, observation, and production support.
* Developing the tools and processes used across Nike Digital Engineering to increase speed of software delivery while reducing the cost of implementation.
* Designing, developing, debugging, and testing APIs that deliver secure, reliable, maintainable, highly available, and performant web experiences.
* Building observable code that helps inform data driven decisions.
* Working in a continuous delivery model; deploying experiences frequently at large scale to a global audience of consumers.
* Providing technical leadership and knowledge to your teammates.
* Consulting and performing engineering support, problem solving, and issue resolution with internal and external resources.
* Partnering with, working in and across multiple teams to deliver customization experiences.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (Information Systems, Engineering) preferred or 2 years of additional professional experience in lieu of a degree.
* 5+ years of software development experience.
* 2+ years using Enterprise Java in highly distributed systems with high transaction volume
* Experience in Object Oriented analysis, design and patterns.
* Experience with Service Oriented Architecture principals and REST.
* Experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2, GCE, Rackspace, Azure, etc.). AWS preferred.
* Experience with dependency injection and object relational mapping tools such as Spring Boot/Spring and Hibernate.
* Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases (e.g. Aurora, Dynamo).
* Experience with load testing tools.
* Experience with and passionate about Test Driven Development.
* Experience delivering software using an agile development process (Scrum preferred).
* Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, integration testing experience.
* Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical IT teams.
* Experience with Serverless Computing/Lambda technologies a plus.
* Experience with 3D technologies and graphics processing a plus.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.