Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.’s rapid pace of innovation demands a Legal team that is always on the offense. And they’re always on their game – with the mission to advance and guide Nike’s business through innovative, offense-minded counsel. Nike attorneys, paralegals and other specialists in law provide inventive approaches and superior counsel to Nike’s global business. As Nike changes the future of sport, the Nike Legal team drives competition, ingenuity and integrity in the marketplace.
Nike’s rapid pace of innovation demands a Legal team that is always on the offense. And they’re always on their game - with the mission to advance and guide Nike’s business through innovative, offense-minded counsel. Nike attorneys, paralegals and other specialists in law provide inventive approaches and superior counsel to Nike’s global business. As Nike changes the future of sport, the Nike Legal team drives competition, ingenuity and integrity in the marketplace.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
As with other industry leaders, all aspects of Nike’s business are powered by information technology. We are looking for a technology attorney to join our growing Legal team as Associate General Counsel and support Nike’s Global Technology team as they take Nike’s digital transformation and growth to the next level, with a special focus on supporting Nike’s growing technology hub in Bengaluru, India.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
As Associate General Counsel - India Technology, you will
* Review, draft and negotiate a wide range of agreements and documents for Nike’s India Technology team as they transform Nike’s information technology function to support and drive growth. Transaction types range from traditional outsourcing, license and project service agreements to evolving areas such as cloud services and artificial intelligence.
* Advise and counsel Nike business managers on a wide-range of legal and process issues associated with our information technology function, including regulatory compliance (particularly privacy issues in transactions), compliance with internal control processes, responses to government inquiries, and management of business disputes that have not ripened into litigation.
* Contribute your knowledge and experience toward efforts to reengineer delivery of legal services to improve quality, efficiency and service levels using traditional and new model legal service providers.
* Prepare and deliver training programs designed to enhance business results and manage risk.
* Monitor and research (changes in) laws.
* Review and update legal precedents.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
Under the supervision of our Senior Counsel - Global Technology, and Asia-based leaders in NIKE Legal, you will work directly with technologists in Nike’s India Technology Center and other Global Technology locations, as well as other leaders and business managers who work with Global Technology. Due to the volume of legal work we handle, you will manage service delivery by our outside counsel, and you will partner closely with Nike’s Finance, Controlling, Global Procurement, and other supporting functions.
* Bachelors or master’s degree in law or local equivalent from an accredited school of law and registration with a Bar Council in any of the States in India.
* 3 years post-qualification experience (may be a combination of both law firm and inhouse), with a minimum 2 years of practice of transactional business law and minimum 1 year of experience in a transactional practice that includes a significant information technology component.
* Experience in a practice that includes a significant privacy compliance component is preferred.
* A demonstrable interest in, and passion for, information technology.
* Law firm experience in one or more of the following specialty areas is preferred: outsourcing, licensing, information technology, information security, data privacy, data security, digital product.
* An ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and in writing, with technology and business personnel at all levels and across geographies.
* An ability to work as part of a large, matrixed organizational structure, in (virtual) teams and independently as needed.
At NIKE, the health and safety of our employees and community is paramount. Even for roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where in-person presence is required at the workplace.An offer of employment is conditional upon submission of proof of Covid-19 vaccination status, for the purpose of planning deployment at the workplace. Successful candidates will also be required to comply with relevant Covid-19 advisories from the government ministries and NIKE at all times.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.