Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. corporate campuses provide environments to maximize employees’ full potential. From meticulous landscaping, to state-of-the-art fitness centers, running trails and more, the Nike Facilities teams keep campuses around the world running at peak performance so employees can operate in an environment that inspires innovation. These teams lead the design and construction of Nike’s corporate buildings, supply project management services, ensure workplace security and much more. The end result: an atmosphere that inspires everyone who sets foot on a Nike campus.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Nike seeks a Facilities Energy & Projects Manager to support the Logistics Network in North America. The Facilities Energy & Projects Manager will focus on energy reduction programs that encourage energy efficiency in Nike Distribution Centers (DCs). This individual will be a critical member of the Facilities Team and will utilize Technical and analytical skills to be successful.
The Facilities Energy & Projects Manager will work in partnership with Operations, EHS, Procurement, Finance, PMO, Sustainability and the Maintenance and Facilities teams to help identify, source, and execute facilities projects within the Nike North America DC network. This position will also manage multiple DCs & Regional Service Centers (RSCs) projects and will include managing external & internal vendors, along with their associated contracts.
The Facilities Energy & Projects Manager is highly organized, results driven, and is keen to grow expertise within their role. The individual must be a strong communicator, collaborating cross-functionally within the brand, to support and drive a successful energy reduction and project implementation plan across all DCs. This individual will be a problem-solver, forward-thinker, self-starter, and creative partner, always improving practices to bring the strategy of the North America Supply Chain to life.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON:
As the Facilities Energy & Projects Manager, you will collaborate with teams to identify risks and issues associated with new project implementation and report the status to department leadership and stakeholders. You will be responsible for all aspects of project initiatives at the assigned DC and RSC sites, including control of scope of work and specifications, managing the vendor selection process, start-to-finish scheduling, budgeting, and directing the activities of vendors conducting support programs within the DCs.
- Support multi-DC projects, such as fencing solutions, parking lot upkeep, landscaping, safety systems, facilities equipment (ARC Flash Mitigation, HVACs, Fire Systems, Electrical Systems, ACS, Dryers, Lighting, sustainability projects and energy usage reduction, and building upgrades and retrofits)
- Develop RFPs for facilities related work at DC & RSC networks
- Ensure vendor partners are kept connected to project or program status, issues, risks and program needs.
- Manages initiative budgets and financials. Ensures resources/budgets are available to meet stakeholder needs for planned projects and holds team members accountable for individual team budgets. Delivers project implementation or project close-outs in a timely fashion.
- Coordinates internal stakeholders and vendors project plan including its development, implementation, quality control, and action review activities. Review high-level deliverables in support of the project management function and ensures work plans under the Facilities Manager scope are appropriate to meet changing needs, requirements, and regulations.
- Contribute and advance key areas such as continuous improvement, energy efficiency and modifications to North America distribution facilities.
- Partner with Vendors to ensure they meet Nike’s ISN qualification safety requirements
- Review engineering drawings for analysis of facility and equipment layout to ensure a safe, secure, and functional working environment
- Manage and lead engineering reviews for new DC & RSC projects on HVAC systems, Building Automation Controls, Lighting, Roofing; and other Industrial equipment
- Provide technical guidance to Service Providers and Customers regarding requirements pertaining to energy modelling and energy calculations
- Assess feasibility for new energy efficiency measures, liaison with stakeholders to develop pilot studies, and help implement energy savings methodologies.
- Interact with other managers to motivate them to yokoten energy efficiency upgrades in existing buildings
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
You will report directly to the Director of Facilities. You will be a part of the Facilities team and will partner with your co-facility managers for guidance, as you learn and grow in your experience within the Nike DC Organization. You will partner closely with Sustainability, Maintenance, Operations, Security, PMO, and EHS counterparts, along with the Procurement and Finance teams to minimize risk and align project requirements.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Civil, Mechanical, or Facilities Engineering; or 10+ years of facilities work experience
- 5+ years of utility energy efficiency implementation or ESCO experience (electrical or HVAC contracting) in a DC or manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of experience with 480VAC, lighting, electric motors, HVAC systems, Building Automations Systems and Project Management in a DC or manufacturing environment
- Extensive knowledge of capital projects management & scheduling, facility design and planning
- Broad experience in the development of scope of work documents, support of RFP and vendor/contractor selection processes and management
- Ability to present and report on projects to appropriate stakeholders and senior-level management.
- Knowledge of Industrial and Electrical Engineering principles
- Experience reading and interpreting 2D CAD drawings and P&ID documents
- Accustomed to managing project expense and capital costs to a budget
- Knowledge of building construction, HVAC, pneumatics, electrical systems
- Create business cases for large capital projects, presenting to senior leadership and stakeholders.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.