Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Across the Nike Analytics and Data Engineering teams, we have several opportunities available. You will support cross-functional projects, implement new capabilities and work in a cross-functional team of analytics professionals. Depending on your skill set, we will match your experience with one of the positions below:
- Advanced Analytics
- Integrated Knowledge Analytics / Web Analytics
- Data Engineering
- As an Advanced Analytics intern, your tasks will vary from assessing data and presenting recommendations to the business. You will get to join either one of our key Supply Chain teams or support Nike’s Retail function depending on your experience and interests. As an Analytics intern in the Integrated Knowledge Analytics team you will be the initial link between the analysts and the data sources by creating, maintaining, and updating reports. We partner with different stakeholders from across the digital business to drive decision making based on data.
- Developing and implementing product features in collaboration with business and Technology stakeholders;
- Reporting and analyzing business performance;
- Consolidating information and transforming data so it can be used for analysis;
- Answer data requests from the analysts while working with different analytics tools (SQL, Tableau and R);
- Gaining insights from data and presenting recommendations to cross-functional partners;
- Developing capabilities in the area of descriptive/predictive/prescriptive analytics;
- Generating data visualizations that help in communicating actionable insights.
- As a Data Engineering Intern, you will learn and adopt engineering principles and data engineering as a discipline.
- Developing and implementing product features through data lakes, marts and reporting, in collaboration with business and Technology stakeholders;
- Supporting the implementation of new data management projects and re-structure of the current data architecture;
- Supporting in building continuous integration, test-driven development and production deployment frameworks;
- Analyzing and displaying data for the purpose of designing scalable solutions.
- 3rd/4th year Bachelor or Master Degree student within Engineering, Computer Science, Econometrics, Business Analytics, Data Science, Information Technology or other related fields;
- Fluency in English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong technical and analytical skills and excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office programs; SQL, Tableau, R, Python, RapidMiner, or web analytics are a plus;
- Ability to quickly pick up new programming languages, technologies and frameworks;
- Ability to sift through data, identify critical information, develop hypothesis, perform rigorous analysis, and make intuitive recommendations;
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to work in complex environment with multiple stakeholders;
- Academic, volunteering, or previous internship experiences related to Advanced Analytics, Data Science, Data Engineering or Web Analytics are a plus (please include in your CV);
- A global mindset and ideally a passion for sport.
IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN INTERNSHIP, YOU MUST:
Be a student for the whole duration of the internship (enrolled in a university/higher education institution);
Have an EU passport or an EU work permit.
February 1st, 2020
6 or 12 months (12 months availability strongly preferred)
This internship is open to students outside of the Netherlands.
Click on ‘Apply Now’ to submit your CV in English no later than October 20th.
Suitable candidates will be contacted by mid-November for the first stage of the selection (video interview). The final interviews will take place throughout November and December.
Please note that where legally permissible, you may be asked to consent to a pre-employment screening for this position, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws and the Nike Applicant Background Check Policy.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.