Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
For Nike merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Nike Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. They blend art with science to bring Nike’s category vision to life in all retail environments from stores to online. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next and deliver the right products, in the right places at the right time and price.
Across the Merchandising and Buying function, we have several opportunities available. Depending on your skill set, we will match your experience with one of the positions below:
- Category Merchandising
- Merchandising Operations/Pricing
- Marketplace Merchandising
Depending on the position you are linked to, the tasks and responsibilities may include:
- Manage product information in our systems (key styles, materials, colour, innovation both for footwear and apparel) and maintain data throughout the season;
- Create and maintain merchandising tools such as visual assortments, line plans, price analysis tools, competitive analysis etc.;
- Obtain Consumer and Marketplace Insights through focus groups, trend research, retail visits;
- Business analytics of obtained data to support informed merchandising decisions;
- Build product assortments to hand over to the Sales department;
- Participate in compiling and delivering presentations within the business;
- Support the team with reporting and leading projects based on business needs;
- Capture inventory and category process;
- Gather data: Interviews, researches and analysis in order to capture stores inventory and category process;
- Create a process map and seasonal roadmap with deadlines and deliverables that set the team up for success;
- Support the buying team in their daily/weekly/monthly/yearly tasks;
- Understand trends in the sports industry and the retail market.
- 3rd/4th year Bachelor or Master Degree student within Business, Fashion Management, Product Management, Operations, Supply Chain or other related fields;
- Fluency in English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong multi-tasking and organisational awareness skills;
- Ambitious, autonomous and information seeking attitude;
- Academic, volunteering or previous internship experiences related to Business or Fashion are a plus (please include in your CV);
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders;
- A global mindset and ideally a passion for sport.
IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN INTERNSHIP, YOU MUST:
- Be a student for the whole duration of the internship (enrolled in a university/higher education institution);
- Have an EU passport or an EU work permit.
February 1ST 2020
6 or 12 months (12 months availability strongly preferred)
This internship is open to students outside of the Netherlands.
Click on ‘Apply Now’ to submit your CV in English no later than October 20th.
Suitable candidates will be contacted by mid-November for the first stage of the selection (video interview). The final interviews will take place throughout November and December.
Please note that where legally permissible, you may be asked to consent to a pre-employment screening for this position, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws and the Nike Applicant Background Check Policy.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.