Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike’s relentless pursuit of product innovation and sustainable growth demands bold new ways of doing business – including supplier engagement. Stretching far beyond conventional sourcing, Nike Procurement secures the best supplier relationships to drive business success. The team maximises the value and reach of the company’s investments in external resources, including product materials, marketing services, digital tools, temporary labor, high-tech manufacturing equipment and other products and services to fuel business growth and sustainability.
Our Procurement team helps Nike win by leveraging our suppliers and our scale. We partner with our stakeholders to drive value. We challenge the status quo and bring innovative thinking. We use facts to create leverage. We are motivated by results. And we act as one team across the globe. We live this mission via excellence in analytics, strategy development, stakeholder relationships, strategy execution, negotiating, contracting, and supplier management. Our work spans the entire company, giving our team a unique Nike, Inc. viewpoint. As an intern with Procurement you will become part of our team, with the opportunity to drive and support strategic initiatives within one of our Procurement pillars: Brand & Marketplace, Technology & Services, Supply Chain or Strategic Capabilities
- Prepare and distribute timely and insightful analysis (financial and commercial) to support the Procurement Leadership in decision making;
- Conduct market research and investigate best practices to support sourcing projects
- Support procurement projects and cross functional initiatives with stakeholders from Nike business units/categories;
- By using innovative purchasing approaches and techniques, provide input and direction into business unit planning and performance metrics;
- Advise on financial implications of business decisions;
- Identify and/or develop relevant management reporting and analytical tools;
- Support vendor management and contracting processes with multiple stakeholders involved;
- Incorporate best practices from external market into Nike processes i.e. sustainability.
- 3rd/4th year student within Business Administration, Finance, Management, Supply Chain or another related fields;
- Fluency in English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Expert in Excel;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work in complex environment with multiple stakeholders;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; experience in using Data Analytics and Business Intelligence tools is required;
- Academic, volunteering or previous internship experiences related to Finance, Business Intelligence, Procurement or Supply Chain are a plus (please include in your CV);
- Passion for the Nike brand and sports in general.
IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN INTERNSHIP, YOU MUST:
- Be a student for the whole duration of the internship (enrolled in a university/higher education institution)
- Have an EU passport or an EU work permit.
February 1st, 2020
6 or 12 months (12 months availability strongly preferred).
This internship is open to students outside of the Netherlands.
Click on ‘Apply Now’ to submit your CV in English no later than October 20th.
Suitable candidates will be contacted by mid-November for the first stage of the selection (video interview). The final interviews will take place throughout November and December.
note that where legally permissible, you may be asked to consent to a
pre-employment screening for this position, which will be conducted in
accordance with applicable laws and the Nike Applicant Background Check Policy.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.