Assistant General Counsel, Design PatentApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Legal, Corporate Services
Like any winning team, Nike, Inc. relies on talented, ambitious individuals to thrive. Every day, the Corporate Service teams raise the bar on excellence. The diverse disciplines that make up these teams include Finance, Facilities, Legal, Human Resources, Procurement, Child Development, Administrative Support, Strategic Planning and more. Corporate Services drives innovation in process, technologies and services, while fueling the company with exceptional levels of support.
Nike, Inc.’s rapid pace of innovation demands a Legal team that is always on the offense. And they’re always on their game – with the mission to advance and guide Nike’s business through innovative, offense-minded counsel. Nike attorneys, paralegals and other specialists in law provide inventive approaches and superior counsel to Nike’s global business. As Nike changes the future of sport, the Nike Legal team drives competition, ingenuity and integrity in the marketplace.Description
- Setting and implementing a design patent strategy for Nike
- Managing an excellent team of legal professionals
- Engaging with key business teams to identify relevant content to secure
- Interacting with patent offices globally in order to accelerate the protection of NIKE’s design rights
- Managing outside counsel both domestically and globally
- Developing, coordinating and reviewing design patent research and analysis projects
- Setting and implementing patent policies
- Developing and implementing internal systems and processes for managing Nike’s IP
- Spearheading internal education initiatives and trainings related to design
- A Juris Doctorate degree
- Proven leader with 8+ years of experience in patent and Intellectual Property (IP) matters
- Experience managing teams of IP professionals
- Registered and in good standing with at least one State Bar
- Experience in a corporate legal environment, on a global scale, preferred
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills required
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills with senior business leaders
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player able to establish and build partnerships at all levels of the design and legal community
- Must have the ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities, and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Needs to be a hands on self-starter with the ability to work independently
- The ability to work across multiple time zones with Nike employees and partners in the U.S., Europe, and Asia
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00424840