Data and Privacy Communications DirectorApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Communications, Marketing & Communications
Nike, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike’s stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.
The Nike, Inc. Communications team develops, establishes and strengthens authentic connections with diverse audiences through the lens of innovation and sport. The team creates premium and innovative brand stories, builds and enhances corporate reputation and brand equity, and engages audiences such as consumers, media, athletes, investors, non-governmental organizations and Nike’s own employees. The team focuses on information, inspiration and connection to accelerate the growth of Nike, Inc. Communications employees ignite conversations, envision the possibilities, and influence and deliver new levels of creative and strategic thinking to advance the brand around the world.Description
We are looking for a game-changing communications leader to drive the development and execution of the next chapter of Nike’s comprehensive data and privacy strategy. As part of Nike’s Global Corporate Communications team, you’ll be a catalyst in shaping NIKE Inc’s integrated company positioning. As the Director of Data & Privacy Communications, you'll work with the Chief Privacy Officer and other senior leaders within the company to develop creative and compelling communication strategies to enable consistent, effective privacy communications across the company. You will serve as the lead privacy communications resource to the organization for all privacy related issues and play a key role in developing and executing strategic opportunities related to data privacy to support both Nike’s business and brand objectives.
Responsibilities to include:
- Develop and drive proactive, result-focused communications strategies for global platforms to define and amplify Nike’s privacy messages.
- Lead storytelling, energy and engagement across all Nike employees and stakeholders for key privacy initiatives.
- Initiate, facilitate and promote activities to foster data privacy awareness within the organization and external stakeholders.
- Handle data privacy risk assessment/analysis, mitigation and remediation.
- Maintain current media landscape and knowledge of applicable federal and state privacy laws.
- Support Global Corporate Communications strategies where appropriate.
- Support Investor Relations engagement where appropriate.
- Create plans, track timelines and lead multiple projects.
- Handle internal and external approval processes where appropriate.
- Experience working on high-profile technology brands and knowledge of global data privacy laws.
- Deep knowledge and passion for technology, privacy issues, positions and trends.
- Extensive writing experience and strong influencer skills for a variety of audiences and engagement goals, including speech writing, presentations, digital content, media relations and events.
- Experience communicating to and working with senior executives to provide strategic counsel, clearly articulate ideas, successfully manage differing points of view and strengthen relationships and rapport.
- Experience with global campaigns, with internal and external audiences.
- Enjoys working across cultures and geographies; ability to communicate plans across a complex matrix on a corporate, regional and functional basis, including presenting before audiences of various sizes and cultures.
- Shown ability to develop and execute strategies with a strong advocacy focus and multiple geography execution.
- Ability to work in fast paced, dynamic environment and prioritize across competing Initiatives.
- 10+ years demonstrated experience in data and privacy management, stakeholder relations, public affairs or corporate affairs supporting globally branded organizations or high profile organizations.
- Bachelor's degree or 2 additional years of experience required in lieu of a degree
- Proven writing experience to articulate complex information in a clear and concise manner across the organization.
- Excellent and proven ability to deliver results.
- Engagement and stakeholder experience.
- Proactive and self-starter, mature, independent and resourceful.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working in a dynamic environment.
- Passion for the NIKE brand and working for a purpose-driven company.
- Team player, highly collaborative.
- Sense of humor and loves to have fun.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00452864