Data Visualization COE EngineerApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world’s largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.Description
As the Data Viz Engineer, you'll be joining the global Data Visualization Center of Excellence. Our team brings together community, governance, enablement and innovation to ensure best-in-class delivery of visual analytics solutions in support of Nike teams across the globe.
- Evaluate, educate, and elevate our team’s visual engineering practices through education and hands on coaching including developing visual interfaces, shared visualization components, and custom visualizations for communicating data stories
- Act as change agent and evangelist to influence the adoption of data visualization best practices both within IT teams and their partner business analytics teams
- Collaborate with Data Engineering teams to iterate on the design and implementation of data visualization products
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Guide principles for data visualization for all interfaces and tools
- Mentor teams, individuals, and leadership on data story telling through visualization
- Create an environment that meaningfully values and promotes autonomy, skill mastery, empowerment, transparency, innovation. and learning
Proven track record of:
- Leadership capability, including ability to motivate and mentor others
- Thinking and planning strategically, with ability to communicate the strategy to a large organization
- Delivering complex, cross functional IT projects and/or programs
- Pulling a diverse group of individuals with different goals together and facilitate productive discussions
- Working with business partners to drive adoption of visual standards
- A passion for data visualization and design thinking
- A portfolio of work you are excited and able to share
- 5+ years of UI and UX experience with experience building web and/or mobile interfaces for displaying interactive visual insights
- Commanding grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Knowledge of query languages, APIs, data pipelines, and how to work with them in practice
- Experience with delivery methodologies – Scrum, SAFe, Extreme Programming etc.
- Strong skills in team leadership and building positive business partner relationships
- Strong networking skills and ability to work across multiple organizations to accomplish diverse goals
- Demonstrated ability to influence critical business outcomes in a matrix based, global environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical IT teams
- Ability to pass a 7-year background investigation
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00421866