Designer II, EditorialApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. designs the future. At Nike, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.Description
If the answer is yes, Nike is seeking strong visual and digital design talent to create a host of digitally focused editorial content. We are looking for candidates with a love of interactive creative applications & conceptual solutions, who will bring fresh, contemporary ideas and creativity emotionally engage Nike’s consumers and community members.
As an Editorial Designer II, you'll create or refresh existing creative concepts that reflect Nike's design philosophy and inspire targeted consumers. You will execute creative for editorial content with the intent that they will go live on Nike channels. You'll have the opportunity to research consumer/athlete and market needs based on an editorial content brief.
In addition, you will have an emphasis on digital content creation and multimedia, working in collaboration with design leaders and fellow designers, producers, writers and agency partners to develop and execute ideas across digital channels such as social, Nike Apps, Nike.com and search platforms. This is an exciting time to be in Nike Brand Creative as we are revolutionizing how we work, how we grow and develop talent and how we communicate with our consumers and members.
• Listen and respond to a brief, asks questions, ideate and collaborate with a cross-functional creative team and develop and frame concepts in line with the briefs
• Translate marketing plans, consumer needs and technical capabilities into creative applications that are visually exciting, easy to use and emotionally engaging across different digital platforms
• Develop holistic creative point of view and present concepts and production ideas to broader team and leadership
• Take concepts from idea to consumer, be open to think big and have passion to take your idea through production and execution
• Responsible for small projects or programs with manageable risks and resource requirements
• Learn new skills and stay abreast of technical and digital creative applications and successfully apply these to work practices
• Push the Brand Design team into a new era of contemporary and digital thinking with a view to elevate the standard of that thinking throughout the entire world of sport and culture
• Experience in visual design, motion design or user experience design combined with solid knowledge of how to leverage today’s digital channels and emerging technologies
• Ability to present and sell-in creative concepts and execution ideas
• An appreciation of interactive creative, usability, interaction design and engineering
• Develop comprehensive designs that work across digital experiences
• Interest to work in responsive design and collaborative creative teams
• Familiarity with current trends, color, design, art, photography and experience design.
• Consistently deliver high-quality work on time and with attention to detail
• Effective oral and written communication skills in local market language
• Proficient information-seeking skills and drive for results
• An understanding and intrigue with creative use of social media
• Motion skills are a bonus
• Bachelor’s degree in design; communication design, advertising design or interaction design
• Experience with digital platforms and emerging technologies
• 3-8 years’ directly relevant work experience
• Proficiency in Mac OSX, InDesign, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office and Acrobat
• Travel 10% of the time
• Some experience in strategic thinking and planning
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00433328