Director of Trade FinanceApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike, Inc.’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.Description
Lead the Trade Finance team in developing and implementing the long term plan as well as overseeing operational implementation. Work is focused on short and long-term planning, impact to the bottom line, and execution strategies. Makes major decisions and recommendations that have a direct and significant impact on own business unit and may impact the broader business and brand. May Will also be responsible for applying advanced and diversified concepts, philosophies, ethics, and practices.
- Develops, manages, and operationalizes the long term plan and vision of the business unit.
- Identifies key marketplace trends and develops recommendations to enhance the organization’s position.
- Participates in functional discussions and initiatives across departments. Utilizes internal and/or external partnerships that leverage resources and enhance business group effectiveness
- Develops or participates in business planning, budgeting, performance targets, and policy development.
- Manages financial service provider and bank partner relationships from a project perspective.
- Ensures alignment and coordination with other Treasury Functional Groups and with Nike business units with respect to sourcing strategies.
- Ensures that all Trade Finance processes comply with regulatory requirements.
- Guides analysis that aids in the decision-making process and helps improve departmental processes.
- Directs timely and insightful financial analysis of pertinent information to resolve progress against strategic plan, forecasts and / or expectations.
- Guides evaluation of performance metrics and guides actionable responses.
- Supports and develops a diverse team of high performing professionals
- A bachelor’s degree in Business-related field with emphasis in Finance, Accounting, Economics, etc.
- An advanced degree (masters in business administrations, economics, etc.) or CPA preferred;
- Minimum 8 years experience in Treasury, banking, finance or accounting, including 3 years in a organization/stakeholder role.
- Significant knowledge of international business concepts. Ability to make profitable decisions and recommendations, excellent communication skills across multi-cultural boundaries.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience. Ability to effectively elevate strategic concerns to senior management in a timely and accurate manner.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00428477