Expert Solution Architect - AnalyticsApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world’s largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.Description
If you're ready to innovate and lead in the Solution Architecture space, join Nike’s Architecture organization, working with North America and Asia Pacific and Latin America (APLA) stakeholders! You will be part of an organization that is revolutionizing Nike technology platforms and architecting a technology landscape that is simplified, modern, flexible and will ultimately enable Nike on its journey to 2020 and beyond.
The Expert Analytics Architect will provide leadership in architectural planning and in driving solutions across multiple domains/ solution areas, contributing to the future success of the business through innovations in North America and APLA, while collaborating with Enterprise Architecture and other technology groups.
A person in this role will be responsible for leading opportunity identification and analysis, problem definition, and overseeing the development and deployment of advanced analytic tools and methods.
This role, along with engineering leaders within Analytics will lead and contribute to the definition of an overarching analytics strategy and architecture that will align analytics investments with the highest impact areas, while producing a suite of complementary models, tools, and technologies
The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for all things data and analytics and a unique ability to provide strategic advantage for Nike through innovative solutions.
• Evangelize breakthrough analytics solutions through adoption of big data, cloud native technologies, machine learning and data science
• Partner with Product and Engineering leadership to establish an architectural plan across multiple solution areas, in consideration of the product roadmaps
• Participate in design and engineering of analytics solutions that have significant strategic impact and achieve long term competitive advantage for Nike.
• Embrace and influence domain driven design and architecture principles of security, scale, uptime and reliability
• Partner with business leaders to provide expert technical advice and influence strategic decision making
• Guide and mentor engineering teams to raise collective technical expertise
• Demonstrate a strong bias for architecture principles balanced with tactical timelines, cost and risks
• Contribute to architecture guiding principles, development standards, training and hiring
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Information Management
• 3+ years in technology architect roles
• 5+ years providing technical leadership to technical, business & cross-functional teams
• 7+ years in hands-on data or analytics engineering
• Strong understanding of data and analytics solution architecture, including experience with Big Data, Relational databases, streaming and batch data processing,
• Experience with leading enterprise cloud/virtual architectures like AWS, Microsoft Azure, Open Stack, etc.
• Experience with technologies such as Snowflake, S3, Spark, Hive, Python, Apache Airflow, Tableau, etc. in a large enviornment
• A solid understanding and experience of the principles and operations of high volume, variety and velocity business intelligence, data warehousing, reporting and analytics platforms with a proven background and record in architecture and implementation of applications, integrating with OLTP and 3rd party systems
• Working knowledge of statistical and predictive modeling concepts and disciplines
• Demonstrated track record of leading within complex organizations requiring strong influence management skills - ability to work cooperatively at all levels in matrix environment
• Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements and architecture conversations with all stakeholders (management, business users, and technology resources)
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00413657