Manager, Talent Management PracticesApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Human Resources, Corporate Services
Like any winning team, Nike, Inc. relies on talented, ambitious individuals to thrive. Every day, the Corporate Service teams raise the bar on excellence. The diverse disciplines that make up these teams include Finance, Facilities, Legal, Human Resources, Procurement, Child Development, Administrative Support, Strategic Planning and more. Corporate Services drives innovation in process, technologies and services, while fueling the company with exceptional levels of support.
Nike, Inc.’s uncompromising focus on human potential extends to its workforce. Nike Human Resources teams help attract, retain, and reward the world’s most innovative people by creating programs to help them thrive. They accelerate company growth as stewards of culture, organizational effectiveness, talent and change. The global Human Resources community includes experts in talent planning, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and more. Together, they develop a motivated, diverse and engaged global team.Description
Nike, Inc.’s uncompromising focus on human potential extends to its workforce. Nike Human Resources teams help attract, retain, and reward the world’s most innovative people by creating programs to help them thrive. They accelerate company growth as stewards of culture, organizational effectiveness, talent and change. The global Human Resources community includes experts in talent planning, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and more. Together, they develop a motivated, diverse and engaged global team.
The Talent and Org Effectiveness COE team ensures we have the organization and capable diverse talent required to create and deliver the future of Nike. We work at all altitudes, engaging in strategy, practice design and activation and operations, with a focus on increasing consistency in how we work with business leaders across the enterprise. Our Talent Management practices are evolving as we are facing a dynamic marketplace which Nike’s leaders must navigate to drive business growth.
The Manager, Talent Management Practices & Strategy will be pivotal to the global team and will be responsible for four overarching bodies of work:
1. Create and refine frameworks, tools and templates that support our talent processes inclusive of Succession Planning for top jobs and critical roles, Segmentation, Talent Scorecards, Board of Directors materials, and Competency Management..
3. Assist the Senior Director on executive development of the CLT Inclusive of, but not limited to, creation of power point decks, templates, and tools, researching and planning for executive development experiences, and developing materials for programs.
4. Supporting Leadership Defined (LD) 360 global Implementation Inclusive of survey launch, communications, readiness/training, and reporting tools as well as partnering with program lead on strategy, philosophy and governance. Ensure alignment with enterprise Initiatives such as Engagement and Manager 90. Support T&OE, HRBPs, Business Leaders, and Participants/Raters In survey and report-related Inquiries.
The incumbent will have a strong understanding of existing talent management practices and ensure Talent Leads and HRBPs are introduced to our resources in a thoughtful and methodical way, building capability where needed, and enhancing consistency and rigor.
- Support the development of integrated talent practices that deliver against our agenda of engaging, inspiring and empowering Nike, Inc. employees, while amplifying our impact at knowing and growing key talent in the organization.
- Partner with Director on the evolution of Nike's Core Talent Management Practices, Inclusive of tools, templates for succession planning, leadership potential assessment, key executive moves, e.g., Board of Directors materials, CLT Huddle, ELT, as needed
- Lead the development of talent management capability building efforts to ensure Talent Leads, HR Business Partners, and Leaders have the confidence and competence to discuss Nike's talent and make fact-based assessment, succession and development decisions.
- Support the Senior Director In conducting external research and benchmarking to help inform new, creative talent management ideas through well structured, well-supported, and clearly articulated points of view, balancing risk, reward, and trade-offs
- Support in collecting enterprise-wide talent & diversity insights and updates for Senior HR & Business Leader meetings, preparing and informing our leaders on the state of talent at Nike
- Work with internal Talent Management team members to better connect our core talent management cadence to our broader strategic workforce planning process - oversee day-to-day operations of the Talent Specialists and Coordinators to drive greater consistency, comradery, and clarity In the context of their roles supporting the talent leads
- Support implementation of systems support for Talent Assessment, Succession Planning, and Executive Development
- Support, and at times, oversee the global Implementation of the LD360
- Five years of experience working in a global HR organization or for a leading Human Capital Consulting firm
- Previous Talent Management or Organizational Development experience highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters degree in business, HR, OD, I/O Psychology or related field is highly preferred
- Proven track record of confidentiality working with sensitive HR data and analytics
- A savvy, smart, flexible, efficient, results-oriented creative thinker with good intuition and a can-do spirit, a positive attitude Is key
- Experience developing templates and tools, with strong PPT skills and experience working HR Systems a must
- Superior verbal and written communication skills coupled with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to communicate plans across a cross-functional and/or highly matrixed organization on a corporate
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse group
- Capability to lead teams through Influence and oversee operational elements that drive consistency and results
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00453789