Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world’s largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.Description
- Contribute to the technical vision, architecture and implementation for the next generation platforms (NGP); including Data & Analytics, Application, Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Works closely with Product, Business and Technology partners to ensure technical platforms are sustainable, feature-rich, consumable and modern
- Contribute to cross-team NGP technical mapping and collaboration.
- Contributes to the architectural standards, documentation and operational strategy with the NGP engineering leadership.
- Engages as needed with product engineering teams to refine and design for customer requirements.
- Technical lead for an engineering software team or domain of expertise.
- Ensures team is leveraging Nike’s Technology delivery methodology to develop NGP products
- Stays current with industry trends and leads development of key innovation platforms
- Partners with Reference Architecture to ensure architectural consistency across all platforms.
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years with specific experience in cloud engineering problems around clustering, service design, scalability, resiliency and
- 3+ years in a lead engineering role responsible for architecture decisions and direct technical leadership over engineering teams.
- 5+ years in a systems software development role using common system languages like Java, Scala, Python, Golang or C++.
- 7+ years hands on experience in delivering technology solutions/products.
- Prefer candidates with a technology operations background.
- Proven track record in bringing innovation to large enterprises or technical products.
- Proven track record in developing Platforms Product strategy and vision
- Proven track record of being results orientated with demonstrated ability to achieve aggressive goals.
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills.
- Must excel working in team-oriented roles that rely on ability to collaborate with others.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
- Demonstration of strong influencing skills
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00428907